Deco M4/S4_V2 Support Connection Preference

Deco M4/S4_V2 Support Connection Preference

219 Reply
Re:Deco M4/S4_V2 Support Connection Preference
2024-08-23 08:25:23

@larkim 

Hi, Can you help me check the hardware version on the product label, whether it is V2 or V3? I remember V3 has 1.6.2 firmware as well.

If it is V2, did you try to log into the individual web UI of this satellite M4 whose IP address could be found on the Deco APP, such as 192.168.71.250 here:

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-08-23 08:28:38
Not tried logging onto an individual unit, will give that a go tonight (I'm away from the LAN at the moment). They are all V2, they show as such on the web ui as "M4R(V2)" when listed on the page that would allow for the .bin file to be updated. If going via the individual unit is the solution, that seems straightforward enough to do!
Options
2024-08-23 11:54:09

@David-TP Logged into the unit from work by port forwarding port 80 on the Deco unit, but when I select the .bin file and hit upgrade I get a spinny wheel for a few seconds the "Operation Successful" but no firmware update is applied.

Will try again at home tonight - never had an issue before with updating firmware, but will double check the correct file etc.  Just a bit annoying that the web ui doesn't provide more useful feedback about what's happened / not happend!

Options
3 weeks ago

@larkim A mi me ha funcionado correctamente.

Voy a probar a ver que tal, os voy diciendo.

Estamos en contacto.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Lalolelendo Yeah im also waiting for the update

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@David-TP At the moment I'm running the current beta firmware 1.7.0 on my M4 V2, and it's working well. No lost connections or red LEDs anymore as in the first beta version. To my surprise I must say, given previous experiences. :)

However, I was wondering if its possible to update to the final 1.7.0 version when it arrives, or do I have to install the 1.5.8 verion first through firmware recovery?  

Options
3 weeks ago

@larkim Answering my own question - the solution was to log onto the IP address of the individual unit and upgrade from there.  Should have thought of that sooner!!

Options
Monday - last edited Monday

I have just recently purchased a twin pack of Deco M4 v2 units to expand my existing Deco mesh.  They auto updated to the 1.6.1 firmware via the app.  I want to update them to the 1.7.0 firmware, but when I connect to either of the units via the web browser, the 'Device Model' drop down doesn't work and without that it won't let me perform an upgrade.  I've tried Chrome and Edge on a Windows 10 machine and Chrome on an Android device... all with the same result.

Is this a bug in the 1.6.1 firmware or am I doing something wrong?  I don't recall having this issue when I installed beta firmware on my Deco X50 units.

Options
Monday

@PinguinM I was running a 1.5.0 beta firmware on my Deco X50's.   When they finally released a new GA update, they released it as 1.5.5, so I suspect we will see similar with the Deco M4/S4 v2 update if it ever makes it to GA.

Options