Tapo C420S2 - motion detection issue

2024-01-24 21:38:07
Model: Tapo C420S2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.15

Hi,

I got some strange behaviour with all kinds of detection. I got my cam targeted on driveway, fence and little piece of lawn. I did narrowed detection area, but it seems like not applied at all. Whenever any car appears on top left side of monitored area - it notify me, person with a dog - notified as well, anyting - still notified. The case is, that they are not even close to configured detection area and preety far away. From other hand, whenever it should work as expected - it has lag or does not detect at all, f.ex I do stop car i detection area, wait a bit for gate to open up, move forward and stop.... on the record i can see only part when I am already outside of car and walking torwards door. This is quie ridiculous, that it spots any single object the farest on its coverage, but activites close to its location are almost not spotted. Any hints? 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Tapo C420S2 - motion detection issue
2024-01-25 10:48:51

@PLhiro 

Hi,
Thank you for the case report and please help confirm the following information about the case.

1. Please go to the camera's Device Settings>Detection page and send me a picture of it.

2. Can you share the video recordings of the two phenomena you described with us?

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-25 12:09:32

Hi @Solla-topee 

Sure:

Most probably You will challange sensivity, but than it wll not catch anything in detection area.

Samples:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11lk3nO8sJpwZ57NNBrfm4lpwnX8FPe1A?usp=sharing

Under following onedrive You can find 2 examples:

1) In Scope = car arrived, gate opened in 30seconds, car drive in, person left car, walk to passenger door.... you can see where it started. no records before and after

2) out scope = car arrive from left hand side of the screen = for sure not in scope of detection area. this occurs in 100% cases.

Options
2024-01-26 08:12:57

@PLhiro 

Hi,
1. You can refer to the link below to learn what is Wake-up Sensitivity and how the battery camera/doorbell be woken up. Due to the mechanism of the PIR sensors, the Tapo C420 may not detect objects moving directly towards it to some extent, and it may be the reason why some events in the activity zone not be detected or only part of the event is recorded.
What is the Wake-up Sensitivity of my battery camera/doorbell?

It's recommended to install the camera in a different location that will allow the events to go across the lens if possible.

2. About the case that the events out of the activity zone will be detected, I have reported the case to the tech team, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-26 13:25:44

@Solla-topee 
Hi again,
ad1. it may partially explain "in scope" video case... I did uploaded one more exaple from today - person walks along fence - apologies but its not possible to know if from right to left or left to right...., enters via door and continue towards....  detected on last steps...

ad2. they already did, thanks.

Options
2024-01-29 11:26:52

@PLhiro 

Hi, 
I see your case is followed in the ticket TKID240152038, it's recommended to send the new video & problem description to the email for further help.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 465

Replies: 5

Related Articles