Votes

Tapo App notification sounds - more options.

Votes

2024-02-15 17:53:50 - last edited 2024-02-16 13:59:05
Model: Tapo C420S2   Tapo T100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,
I'm starting to use a number of Tapo devices. As far as I can see the notification sounds (Android App) are all the same apart from the Door Bell. 
It would be useful to set a different sound for a camera and T100 movement sensor etc. Could the option be added to configure different sounds for all products?
Thanks.

I've attached an image of the Android settings I see, if I'm missing something and this is already possible please let me know smiley

***The forum won't let me upload an image atm?! Says "successfully uploaded" when I drag it in, but I can't see it.
Using the 'image' option in the toolbar fails with "missing URL" type eror. #buggy!

Options
12 Reply
Re:Tapo App notification sounds - more options.
2024-02-16 14:02:14 - last edited 2024-02-16 14:03:30

Tried again with my image... Still seeing errors dragging or uploading images. Managed to get the image to upload 3rd time of trying today!

It would be good to see options for additional Tapo devices (like the doorbell example) so that different notification sounds can be set for different sensors and cameras.
Thanks.

Options
2024-02-20 10:03:01

@HmmmUK 

I found some skills to post images on the thread that may help you:
1) when copying and pasting an image on the thread but failing to post the image, try to adjust the size of the image on the thread and then post it.
2) when using the 'image' option, tap Choose File to select an image, and tap the Upload button before pressing OK.

Options
2024-02-20 14:09:56

@Summer_S Thanks for that. I did try resizing and also all the upload options including drag and drop without any luck...

Options
RE:Tapo App notification sounds - more options.
2024-03-13 19:30:59
In addition it would be great to have Critical Notifications as well
Options
2024-03-14 20:36:31
I agree for different notification sounds and critical notificatons
Options
2024-03-25 09:48:36
Separate notification channel so the same sound can't be used for an alert and summary
Options
2024-03-25 09:53:51

I just had this. I set a custom sound that is distinctive for me to recognize. 

And it went off for the weekly summary.

Also, the channel only appeared after I had initially triggered ityself.

Options
2024-03-25 20:14:13
I agree with the above... It's a screaming omission & one of the first things I tried once the C420 (H200 hub) was set up. Searching this forum to see if i was missing a trick, it's apparent that this feature has been requested many times in the past and I fear that it will also be missing from the D230S1 that I'll install either tomorrow or the day after. I assume that feature requests have a prioritisation matrix held by the development team's product /project management elevate product to class leading status... Please can a TP-Link representative advise the cohort of customers who visit these forums as to relative position / granted priority. Does anyone know if, say, Alexia skills can differente between different device event types?
Options
2024-04-15 00:13:27
Seems like there are several threads asking for the ability to change the notification sound in Android. Right now the Tapo sound is the same as my text messages. I don't know if I'm getting a text or if someone is in my house. This is a pretty serious oversight. TP Link should look at how Ring implements this. I can set a different sound for each camera and choose whatever sound I want. Ring also adds various custom sounds that install with the Ring app. For example, for my front yard cam I can set it to say "Person in your front yard", for my backyard I can do "Person in your backyard", and so on. This would be a great addition to the Tapo app and cameras. This is for Android BTW. Not sure how the app is set up in iPhones.
Options
2024-04-15 15:17:13

@SDGTR  Hi, on Android you can change the notificaton sound on a per app basis. 
So you can have your txt messages and Tapo notifications use different sounds - the problem is all the Tapo notification sounds will be the same! 

If you are having trouble changing the app sound from the default - Google 'change android notification sounds per app' for more info.

Options

Information

Helpful: 12

Views: 922

Replies: 12

Voters 12

+ 8 Voters