Public Beta Firmware for Archer C80 V2.2/C6 V4/A8 V2.2/C86 V1 Supports L2TP over IPSec VPN Server

Public Beta Firmware for Archer C80 V2.2/C6 V4/A8 V2.2/C86 V1 Supports L2TP over IPSec VPN Server

28 Reply
TP Link Archer C6 IN VER 4.8 Frequently shows no internet and disconnects
2024-03-17 07:39:25

@Sunshine I purchased the router did basic setup then after some minutes it started showing no Internet in a device but other device was working well with the Internet. Then after some seconds my device which was showing no Internet resumed working again with the Internet then after sometime my router restarted on its own. This process happend every day so I contacted tp link India support team they provided troubleshooting like changing dns or changing channel channel width etc nothing worked so they suggested me RMA I sent them the router I don't know what they did but after some days I got a new router ( same router but new one ). I did basic setup and it was having same problem so I changed dns ( didn't work) I changed channel and channel width ( didn't work ) I turned of smart connect ( didn't work) I turned off 2.4ghz but didn't work even I downloaded new beta firmware and updated still no solution I'm really dissatisfied disappointed. I work 9 to 5 I don't have time for these things please provide me a solution. When I sent them the router it cost me my money if I had extra money I would have bought a better router.

Options
Re:Public Beta Firmware for Archer C80 V2.2/C6 V4/A8 V2.2/C86 V1 Supports L2TP over IPSec VPN Server
2024-03-17 11:56:24

@Sunshine The firmware isnt updating on the C80, it is saying "Failed to update the firmware. Please check the configuration file and try again." is there anything i can do to update to the Beta to allow me to use the VPN? thank you

Options
Re:Public Beta Firmware for Archer C80 V2.2/C6 V4/A8 V2.2/C86 V1 Supports L2TP over IPSec VPN Server
2024-03-18 02:00:42

@Youngy83 

Hi, what is the hardware and firmware version of your Archer C80? please ensure you've unzipped the firmware and uploaded the .bin file.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
TP Link Archer C6 IN VER 4.8 Frequently shows no internet and disconnects
2024-03-18 02:09:47

@Sanju0703 

Hi, you mean not just internet connection unstable on some client devices, but the Archer C6 v4.8 will restart on its own with latest official firmware and also beta firmware provided in this thread, right?

Please try following this thread for troubleshooting: What can I do if my Router keeps Rebooting randomly?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-03-22 09:45:58

@Sunshine Please add Support Socks5 proxy for Tp link Archer C64. And also add support for PPTT and L2TP vpn server.

I very sure we will get those feature through the next update.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Sunshine  

Dear TP-Link Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm reaching out to report an issue I've encountered with the IPSec VPN functionality on the Archer AC1200 C6 V4 router.

Currently, I'm experiencing successful IPSec VPN connections on Windows 11 devices, which work perfectly without any issues. However, when attempting to connect using an Android 13 device, or other versions of Android, I encounter difficulties.

Specifically, when initiating the VPN connection from an Android device, the connection status remains stuck on "connecting..." indefinitely, and the connection does not establish successfully.

I have ensured that the IPSec VPN settings on the router are correctly configured and match the parameters provided by my VPN provider. Additionally, I have verified that the VPN server address, IPSec pre-shared key (if applicable), and the IKE ID (IPSec identifier) on the Android device are entered correctly and match the settings on the router.

Despite these efforts, the issue persists. I suspect that there may be compatibility or configuration issues specific to Android devices or the router's interaction with them.

Could you please assist me in troubleshooting and resolving this issue? It's crucial for me to establish IPSec VPN connections on Android devices as well.

Furthermore, if there are any firmware updates or specific settings adjustments that might address this problem, I would greatly appreciate your guidance in implementing them.

Attached to this email, I've included a screenshot illustrating the "connecting..." status on the Android device for your reference.

Thank you very much for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt assistance and resolution.

Options
3 weeks ago

@emranishwardi 

Hi,

Note that the last version of Android that officially supported L2TP/IPsec VPN was Android 11.

In later versions of Android Google shifted to the more secure IKEv2/IPsec (the one you selected in your screenshot), which is not compatible with L2TP/IPsec VPN. 

IKEv2/IPsec is totally different than L2TP/IPsec.

Occasionally there has been confusion about L2TP/IPsec VPN being available for selection on later versions of Android, but not functioning. Apparently that happens when upgrading a device from Android 11 to a newer Android version without resetting to factory defaults after the upgrade, which is what most people do.

Options
Wednesday

@Sunshine 

Options