Deco X50/X55_V1_1.5.1 Support WireGuard VPN, Client Speed Limit and Fixed WAN Port

Deco X50/X55_V1_1.5.1 Support WireGuard VPN, Client Speed Limit and Fixed WAN Port

194 Reply
Re:Deco X50/X55_V1_1.5.1 Support WireGuard VPN, Client Speed Limit and Fixed WAN Port
2024-06-19 03:15:06

@rollthedice 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Have you noticed any LED changes during the random restarts?

If the Deco had rebooted itself in the last 3-4 days, could you please also help me save a copy of the system log file on the web UI?

How to log into the web-based interface of my Deco

As for the client list issue, can you refer to this link to help me submit the Deco APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

Did you have another satellite Deco X55? if yes, you could refer to this link to replace the main Deco in case the auto-restart issue follows the specific Deco.

How to replace the main Deco with another Deco

As for the firmware downgrade, you could refer to the suggestion in the first post of firmware recovery to 1.2.2 first, then up to 1.4.1.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/657342

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:Deco X50/X55_V1_1.5.1 Support WireGuard VPN, Client Speed Limit and Fixed WAN Port
2024-06-19 04:32:02

@David-TP 

Hi David, my responses are below in red.  Thanks for taking a look at things.

Have you noticed any LED changes during the random restarts? Yes in each case, the main router (x55 v1.6) appears to reboot based on the fact that the light on it turns solid yellow for a few mins while while my 2 satellite decos (W6000 2-pack) will begin flashing red.  

If the Deco had rebooted itself in the last 3-4 days, could you please also help me save a copy of the system log file on the web UI?  I have saved the router logs of 3 incidents, 5/22, 6/6, and 6/8. I can get these to you if you can tell me how to do so securely.

How to log into the web-based interface of my Deco

As for the client list issue, can you refer to this link to help me submit the Deco APP log: I submitted app feedback as requested.

How to submit Deco APP log

Did you have another satellite Deco X55? if yes, you could refer to this link to replace the main Deco in case the auto-restart issue follows the specific Deco.  I don't, but I have a pair of W6000 decos which seem to have the same feature set as the x55 minus the 3rd Ethernet port (they only have 2 ports each).

How to replace the main Deco with another Deco

As for the firmware downgrade, you could refer to the suggestion in the first post of firmware recovery to 1.2.2 first, then up to 1.4.1.  Thank you, I will give this a try.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/657342

Options
2024-06-19 23:37:46

@David-TP One other thing, the label on my Deco X55 shows it to be hardware v1.6 but the firmware upgrade page in the Web UI shows v1.0.  Any reason why that might be?

Options
2024-06-20 02:24:55

@rollthedice 

Hi, V1.6 is alslo V1. Usually, x.6/x.8 variants are to mark the production place.

Best regards.

Options
2024-06-27 14:32:10

@David-TP Hi. David. It was cool to test new firmware on x50 v1, but yesterday my DECO stopped working. Yellow light is on. Computer is not detected in Ethernet port (not even physical connection light is on, in all 3 ports). I liked testing X50 ;-). I tried to resurrect according to instructions. But it did not help. Apparently, Ethernet ports are not working.Hi. David. It was cool to test new firmware on x50 v1, but yesterday my DECO stopped working. Yellow light is on. Computer is not detected in Ethernet port (not even physical connection light is on, in all 3 ports). I liked testing X50 ;-). I tried to resurrect according to instructions. But it did not help. Apparently, Ethernet ports are not working.

Options
2024-06-28 01:58:34

@xplodzs 

Hi, nice to see you again.

Did a factory reset on Deco X50(hold the reset pinhole for 1s only) make any difference?

Please also try to switch to another power socket(or a different power adapter if possible) since I wonder whether it was because the Deco X50 couldn't boot up properly.

I saw there were Deco X20 units under your TP-link email ID. Have you tried to switch Deco X20 as the main Deco, then connect the cable devices to Deco X20 to see whether they can receive internet service?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-06-28 06:13:10

@David-TP 

Hi, nice to see you again.

Did a factory reset on Deco X50(hold the reset pinhole for 1s only) make any difference?

Yes. no difference . 

Please also try to switch to another power socket(or a different power adapter if possible) since I wonder whether it was because the Deco X50 couldn't boot up properly.

Yes. i try to use x20v4 power adapter

I saw there were Deco X20 units under your TP-link email ID. Have you tried to switch Deco X20 as the main Deco, then connect the cable devices to Deco X20 to see whether they can receive internet service?

yes. in X20v4 connected the internet provider and devices. everything worked

Options
2024-06-28 06:22:12

@xplodzs 

Hi, Thanks for the fast reply. 

In the way, we could make a final attempt to run a firmware recovery on Deco X50 and test whether it could get into firmware recovery mode:

If it could turn solid/flashing green, we could try to upload the 1.2.2 firmware to the management UI

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2958/

However, if it couldn't get into firmware recovery mode, or web management page is not accessible, I think you might need to contact the shop retailer to ask for warranty service.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-06-28 08:41:25

@David-TP I just got a call from the service center. They said the router can't be repaired. The router is under warranty. Now I don't know what to do. How can I get a new one. Shouldn't the service center issue a new one?

Options
2024-07-01 09:53:15

@xplodzs 

Hi, Thank you very much for the time and patience.

Have you checked the warranty policy here:

https://www.tp-link.com/ru/support/service-center/

Best regards.

Options