AX1500 Wi-Fi 6 Travel Router_TL-WR1502X

2024-02-29 12:18:01 - last edited 3 weeks ago

TL-WR1502X is a compact and portable Wi-Fi 6 travel router with blazing-fast AX1500 speeds. Enjoy lag-free gaming, 4K streaming, and video calls, while the full Gigabit ports provide reliable wired connections. With versatile modes, file sharing capabilities, and secure surfing options, it's the perfect travel companion for all your networking needs.

Appearance

· Ports: 1× Gigabit WAN/LAN Port, 1× Gigabit LAN Port, 1× USB 2.0 Port, 1× Type-C Power Port
· Buttons: WPS/Reset Button, Mode Switch
· Antennas: Internal Antennas
· Dimensions: 4.1×3.6×1.2 in (105*91.3*30mm)

Highlights

1. Creates a Private Network Wherever You Go

Supporting multiple modes (Router/AP/RE/Hotspot/Client/USB Tethering/3G/4G USB Modem), TL-WR1502X allows you to create Wi-Fi in various scenarios at home, in hotel rooms, or on the road

2. Wi-Fi 6 Travel Router

Merging Wi-Fi 6 Technology, TL-WR1502X is designed to deliver a huge boost in coverage, speed, and total capacity while on the go.

3. Easily Access Your Files From Anywhere

USB 2.0 Port for Fast Sharing – A USB 2.0 port makes it easy to share photos, videos, and music across your home network. 
Through the router's FTP server, you can also access your files and media from network devices remotely

4. 24/7 Secure Surfing with VPN Encryption: VPN Clients and Server Supported

Supporting OpenVPN and WireGuard®, TL-WR1502X maintains your network's privacy and security, whether you're working remotely abroad or using public WiFi. This device can simultaneously run a VPN and regular internet connections, offering protection and flexibility.

5. Portable and Durable Design

TL-WR1502X is a pocket-sized travel router compactly designed for your next trip or adventure. Its small size is designed for travel-friendly storage.

QA

1. How to change network mode? What do I need to be aware of when switching modes?

A: You can switch between Router mode, Hotspot mode, and AP/RE mode by toggling the mode switch on the device. The device will take a few minutes to reboot to switch modes, and then you will need to log into tplinkwifi.net to configure the device to the new operating mode.

2. What advanced functionality is possible with each mode?

A: Router Mode: USB sharing / Parental Control / QoS / VPN Client / VPN Server / Security

Hotspot Mode: USB sharing / Parental Control / QoS / VPN Client / VPN Server / Security

AP/RE Mode: USB sharing / Security 

Note: USB sharing function cannot be used in USB Modem Mode/USB Tethering Mode.

3. Can I use my cell phone as an Internet provider?

A: Yes, with the USB tethering mode.

4. Can I connect to portal Wi-Fi in Range Extender Mode/Client Mode? 

A: No, you need to set the TL-WR1502X to the Hotspot mode.

For more information, you could also check the TL-WR1502X Overview

Options
5 Reply
Re:AX1500 Wi-Fi 6 Travel Router_TL-WR1502X
2024-02-29 19:59:06

@Sunshine 

Hi,

Nice, finally a router from TP-Link that supports USB Tethering.

But I have a question. Does the TL-WR1502X support the DFS channels in the 5 GHz band, so that it can connect to Wi-Fi networks that are broadcasting on DFS channels when using it in Hotspot mode, Range Extender mode or Client mode?

Options
2024-03-14 07:33:47

@woozle 

Hi, upon checking, only US version of TL-WR1502X is shipped, and I am afraid the DFS channels are not supported.

Once there is any update regarding EU version of this model, I will let you know.

Options
2024-03-18 05:22:58

Introducing the AX1500 Wi-Fi 6 Travel Router, TL-WR1502X. Stay connected on the go with blazing-fast Wi-Fi 6 speeds. Compact and portable, it's perfect for travelers and remote workers. Enjoy reliable connectivity wherever you roam. Upgrade to the TL-WR1502X for seamless browsing and streaming on your adventures.

Options
2024-03-30 11:24:30

@Sunshine will there be any trade in or upgrade programs offered for anyone who bought the TL-WR902AC in the last few weeks? I did not see this new product at any online or regular retailers in the United States.

If I had known its existence I would've purchased this new model instead.

I only found this post and one other official product page after searching the model number on Google, due to I saw it listed in the compatible models list in the Tether app. Unfortunately my model is not listed even though it was suggested to me during original setup.

Options
3 weeks ago

@eGGz 

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Our community team do not have any specific information regarding trade-in or upgrade programs for customers who recently purchased the TL-WR902AC.

As the availability of products can vary by region and retailer, it's possible that the new model you mentioned is not yet widely available in the United States.

Regarding the compatibility of your current model with the Tether app, we found that it is in the Tether App compatibility list as well: Tether Compatibility List (tp-link.com)

Please note that only Router and Access Point modes are compatible with Tether App.

If there is any issue with your TL-WR902AC, please start a new thread and provide more details including the specific hardware and firmware version.

Options