High Priority and Traffic Display

2024-03-02 17:04:43
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.9

Switching on the High Priority setting in the Deco app for a device completely messes up the traffic display for all devices so that traffic appears to be zero for all devices.

Also, yesterday despite the Deco app saying that there was no internet connection, I streamed the Napoleon film using my internet connection with no problem and everything else was also working fine.

The XE75 Pro basically works fine especially if you ignore the Deco app, but when are all these irritating bugs going to be fixed. TP-Link never seem to be in any hurry to fix the numerous bugs.

Options
2 Reply
Re:High Priority and Traffic Display
2024-03-08 10:05:46

@Divad 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

I see the following feedback is also on 1.2.9:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/654634

Did you have similar issues when you were on beta 1.2.8 here?

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/647934

The 1.2.8 beta fix hasn't been added to the official 1.2.9 yet and it should be the version next.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:High Priority and Traffic Display
2024-03-08 10:48:45

Hi  @David-TP

I switched from using the XE75 Pro in AP mode to router mode when my broadband was upgraded from FTTC to the FTTP, and I had to reset the XE75 Pro. Hence, I only used firmware 1.2.8 in AP mode, but the display of traffic information was much more reliable (I do not think that I used High Priority (QoS) in AP mode with 1.2.8). There were also fewer times when the satellite XE75 Pro was disconnected according to the app, but was actually working fine.

In AP mode (with an earlier firmware - July/August 2023 so not 1.2.8), the Tapo L630 bulbs were imported into the Smart Devices with no issues, but in router mode (with 1.2.9) the Tapo L630 bulbs are just not being imported whereas all my Kasa devices were imported with no issues. The Tapo bulbs (and Kasa devices) are all working correctly with the Tapo app.

Is the 1.2.8 beta going to be incorporated in the latest firmware soon or is it possible to go back to the 1.2.8 beta firmware (although the issues are mainly irritating rather than issues that affect performance)?

Options