A200 solar panels

A200 solar panels

A200 solar panels
A200 solar panels
2024-03-05 08:19:43 - last edited 2024-03-15 03:52:12
Model: Tapo A200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.16

I have a problem getting the panels working as they should on both my C420 camera's, first day the after installing the solar panels they worked perfectly fine. After two days both camera's didn't charge and the app said no panels installed (sunny day). The day after they showed up again charging fine (while it was cloudy). The day after that, only one panel was charging. Now at this moment both panels are not charging. I think Tapo needs to adres this issue with a proper firmware update because I read more people having the same issues! I checked the connectors on both my camera's and the way the panels are installed. After reconnecting the cables nothing changed. I wiped the panels with a soft cloth and made sure they are facing the right direction. All in all this is very inconsistent. All the tips provided by Tapo I tried. 

Edit:

So i disconnected the cable of the sonar panel  waited until the camera had dropped to 98% and than reconnected the cable. 

As I suspected the app wouldn't show the panel working.

But after checking in on the app after an hour or so my camera was at a full 100% charge.

So this means te panels are working properly but the app doesn't show it correctly!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:A200 solar panels-Solution
2024-03-07 09:23:59 - last edited 2024-03-15 03:52:12

@Corke 

Hi, 
Generally, after the solar panel fills the camera's battery, it will continue to charge for a period of time, while if the camera does not detect the events and the battery is always full, the solar panel will temporarily stop charging the camera, so when the battery status is 100 %, you may see that the camera is not charging, and the solar panel page will also show that there is no power supply.

From your description, I know that the solar panel is working, but the previous screenshots are not easy to judge whether the app displays battery and solar panel status normally, so I hope you can refer to the steps below to confirm:
1. Disconnect the solar panel from the camera, and let the camera drain the battery to 95%.
2. Connect the solar panel to the camera to charge it, then check the battery status on the Tapo app>Home page, and check the prompt on the Solar Panel page, confirm if the Tapo app displays the camera battery status and solar panel status correctly.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:A200 solar panels
2024-03-05 10:58:24

@Corke 

Hi,
If the Tapo A200 is not charging the camera, please help confirm the following information.
1. Check if the solar panel is connected to the camera properly.
2. Check the light intensity at the location of Tapo A200, you can send us photos of the location and environment of A200.
3. On the Tapo app>Home page, send me a picture of the Tapo C420 that shows the battery status.
4. On the camera's Device Settings>Battery Status>Solar Energy Output section, please take a picture and send it to me.
Best Regards

Options
2024-03-05 11:14:05

@Solla-topee 

I checked it. The Solar penals are working properly because it charges the camera. I tried by disconnecting the panel, let the camera battery drain for a while and reconnecting the panel. It charged up to 100% again but it doesn't show in the app!

So in fact there is no real problem other than the panels are not showing up in the app. (Perhaps because of the Beta state of this feature?)

Options
2024-03-05 11:15:06

@Corke 

Options
2024-03-05 11:15:40

@Corke 

Options
2024-03-06 09:29:59

@Corke 

Hi,
The attached pictures show the camera's battery is full, and when the battery is full, the solar panel may stop charging the battery even if the hardware connection is good.
Would you please confirm when the camera's battery is not full, such as when the battery status is 95%, whether the battery status on the Tapo app>Home page is charging and shows a green color when the solar panel is connected?
Best Regards

Options
2024-03-06 10:00:43

@Solla-topee 

The panels work fine.

They only do not show up in the app as being connected.

So I think the app needs some work.

After 3 days my camera's are still at 100% charge with a lot of traffic and notifications. 

Before I used the solar panels my camera's drained about 3% a day because of the heavy traffic.

Now they don't drain at all so the panels work!

Thing is, as I said before, the panels do not show in the app!

It's a software issue not a hardware in my opinion.

Thank for your response.

Kind regards,

Cor

Options
Re:A200 solar panels-Solution
2024-03-07 09:23:59 - last edited 2024-03-15 03:52:12

@Corke 

Hi, 
Generally, after the solar panel fills the camera's battery, it will continue to charge for a period of time, while if the camera does not detect the events and the battery is always full, the solar panel will temporarily stop charging the camera, so when the battery status is 100 %, you may see that the camera is not charging, and the solar panel page will also show that there is no power supply.

From your description, I know that the solar panel is working, but the previous screenshots are not easy to judge whether the app displays battery and solar panel status normally, so I hope you can refer to the steps below to confirm:
1. Disconnect the solar panel from the camera, and let the camera drain the battery to 95%.
2. Connect the solar panel to the camera to charge it, then check the battery status on the Tapo app>Home page, and check the prompt on the Solar Panel page, confirm if the Tapo app displays the camera battery status and solar panel status correctly.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-03-07 09:38:55

@Solla-topee 

Tank you for your response,

I already did and as you can see in the screenshot both camera's charging.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Cor

Options
2024-03-07 10:07:39

@Corke 

Hi, 
Thank you for your cooperation and attempt. It seems the Tapo app displays the battery status correctly, you can keep using the camera and solar panel and monitoring the app status, and please feel free to reply to us if you have any problems.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 508

Replies: 9

Related Articles