Deco X80-5G - manual control of wireless network

2024-03-10 00:54:00
Model: Deco X80-5G  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.1.1 Build 20230410 Rel.78273

Hello, Deco X80-5G is nice and I'm happy with that, it's expensive and that's the reason why I expect a little bit more here. Let me elaborate, I believe my questions and feedback could improve the product and get answers for more users.smiley

I have two questions:

1. How can I manually control a number of channels? I tried an automatic feature called Network Optimization. Unfortunately, Deco X80-5G transmits (Especially at 5Ghz Wi-Fi) still on pretty interfered channels. You can check that on a screenshot from the WiFiman app on my Galaxy S23 Ultra.

Interfered channels screenshot

Meanwhile, there are a lot of channels, that are just free, and no one transmits 5GHz Wi-Fi.

For example, channels 32 to 64 are truly filled by neighbors 5GHz Wi-Fi, but from 68 to 196 are entirely free RF space and it would be perfect to place another source of RF like 5GHz Wi-Fi.

Interfered channels 32-64

Free channels 68-196

That problem leads me back to my question, how can I manually control the Wi-Fi channels of my Deco X80-5G?

2. How can I also increase the width of channels? I noticed Deco X80-5G transmits with 80MHz width, please check screenshot. As I know, it should be possible to use wider channel settings like 160MHz and make higher throughput of Wi-Fi.Channel width

Thank you very much on answering!

Options