Deco Channel Issue

Deco Channel Issue
Deco Channel Issue
2 weeks ago
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 b:20231227 rel.84005

Dear TPLink! :)

I know its an issue for long time but i dont find any official info about its future... Will we get an option to modify setup on deco?

This is that my Deco system is currently unusable... I live in a house where lot of ppl live. We have more and more access points and routers around. I see how the list grows.. i have my Deco for 2-3 years and was no issue w it. Its an awesome device but bow the chanells got full. Would be nice to optimize the channels but i cant. It does automatically. But it doesnt. I have lot of tests and screenshots... If i connect to main router (via wifi) i can have 500mb/s but if i connect to my mesh network i barely get 70 or less....

I need someone to talk to aboit this and how to solve. I see the free channels, also tested them but i cant make Deco connects to them :(

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco Channel Issue
a week ago

@Rynarix 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I haven't heard of any news that Deco is planned to support manually changing wireless channels. So there isn't an option yet to modify channels on deco.

What are the current wireless channels on Deco for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz?

You could tell from the "Network Optimization" under Deco APP>More.

How far from the satellite Deco M4 units to the main M4? Are they on the different floors?

For Deco M4(EU)_V4, There are 11 channels for 2.4GHz(1-11, channel 12-13 are often not in use because mnay devices don't support these two channels) and 4 channels(36/40/44/48) on 5GHz. I think if there are a lots APs around. Basically all the channels have considerable interference.

Compared to the wireless channel interferences, the physial distance and barriers between Deco units are more likely to affect the speed.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Deco Channel Issue
a week ago

@David-TP 

Hi!

Thank you for your reply. Im a bit sad about we wont have access to deeper configs. I will attach some screenshots to this post.

> What are the current wireless channels on Deco for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz?

Deco 2.4GHz is on Ch2

Deco 5 GHz is on Ch48

> How far from the satellite Deco M4 units to the main M4? Are they on the different floors?

We have one floor. Its a concrete building with iron in the walls. I use my Deco M4s as Access Points. I have a router (which is can deep config if needed) from the ISP. Then it connects to the Main Deco M4 wired and all the other Deco M4s (2 more) do connect with wire also. 

Im gonna share some screenshots:

DoUrdenMesh is my network

Deco - Network Optimization

WiFi Map

Determined Channels

Options