EE sim APN settings?

EE sim APN settings?

EE sim APN settings?
EE sim APN settings?
2024-04-27 18:20:04

I've just been attempting to set up a new X50-5G using an EE sim that I've been using successfully in another router for years using the settings below:

• Name: ee internet (lower case)
  • user name: eesecure
  • password: secure
  • IP Type: IPv4 (select from dropdown)
  • APN: everywhere
  • keep ‘set DNS server manually’ as unchecked so its auto.

Can anyone tell me what the settings are for the X50?   I tried many combinations of the above but couldn't get the internet connection to work and couldn't download the ISP settings either as part of the set up process

Options
8 Reply
Re:EE sim APN settings?
2024-04-29 07:46:44

@Leeds_guy 

Hi,

how about the Authentication type? It is recommended to use" PAP" .

can I also have a picture of your current internet settings, such as:

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-04-29 14:23:15

@David-TP  authentication type is currently set to Pap but I've tried all the other options too.  I'm running the latest firmware (1.1.3) 

Options
2024-04-29 14:24:32

@David-TP  additional screen for the mobile settings

Options
2024-04-29 14:25:30

@David-TP APN settings below.  

Options
2024-04-29 14:26:19

@David-TP device details below. 

Options
2024-04-30 01:12:04

@Leeds_guy 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

The settings seem fine and it should work well.

Did you also test the default EE profile embedded in the ISP profile?

Have you tried to put the SIM card into the mobile phone in case the SIM card is locked to a certain IMEI 5G router?

By the way, What is the model number of your original 5G router?

If possible, it is also suggested to check with EE to see if they have any other suggestions or are able to reset the SIM card settings.

Best regards.

Options
2024-04-30 08:01:25

David-TP wrote

@Leeds_guy 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

The settings seem fine and it should work well.

Did you also test the default EE profile embedded in the ISP profile?

Have you tried to put the SIM card into the mobile phone in case the SIM card is locked to a certain IMEI 5G router?

By the way, What is the model number of your original 5G router?

If possible, it is also suggested to check with EE to see if they have any other suggestions or are able to reset the SIM card settings.

Best regards.

@David-TP  the default APN settings are 'Three' and 'Custom'.  I've tried the custom one, but by default it doesn't contain the settings I need for EE. 

My sim works perfectly in my Huawei CPE pro 2 router using the recommended EE APN settings.  

I'll try putting it into my phone and see if that works.  There's an EE shop 2 mins from my apartment that I can seek advice from too although as it's not one of their branded routers they tend to only have generic suggestions.  

Options
2024-04-30 13:00:03

@David-TP   Just tried the router sim in my phone and it works fine.  Also checked the APN settings with the EE store and they reckon they're good too, they also confirmed the SIM was in the right way (see pic).  

I'm assuming my hardware is V1.0, so the recent firmware update to v1.1.3 should be good too?

I tried another factory reset and set up earlier today but just having the same issues.  Regardless of APN auth type, I just get the alternating 'check your APN' or 'SIM not inserted' errors.

Pretty much run out of patience with this now, so will probably be returning it tomorrow :( 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1126

Replies: 8

Related Articles