Ethernet cable connecting problem

2024-05-11 14:09:19 - last edited 2024-05-11 15:12:47
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Build 20231122 Rel. 40485

Hi,

I have three Deco X55, one of the Deco is connected to main X55 with ethernet cable, it was fine until few weeks ago after a firmware update.

The cable connection is disconnected intermittently, Deco is in green light, no errors, and the TP App tells the device is connected to the other device by WiFi.

I've tried to reboot and reset device, did not make any change. I thought maybe ethernet cable is defective, so I change to new cable but still no luck.

There are three cable sockets on X55, sometimes the cable connection would be back after I swap the cable to the other socket, but sometimes it still no use.

I'm not sure this is firmware issue or it actually is the device faulty and requires repairing, does anyone have the same issue or any suggestions to solve the issue? Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Ethernet cable connecting problem
2024-05-15 08:50:02

@jccmon 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Have you tried to replace the main Deco with another satellite Deco X55 to see whether the issue continued:

How to replace the main Deco with another Deco

The official 1.5.1 was released a few days ago and it is also suggested to manually update to the latest 1.5.1 to see whether it helped:

Deco X50/X55_V1_1.5.0 Support WireGuard VPN, Client Speed Limit and Fixed WAN Port

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 140

Replies: 1

Related Articles