Deco ECO Mode 2.0 is ready!
Deco ECO Mode 2.0 is ready!
2024-05-13 09:35:29 - last edited 2024-05-17 01:14:40
Model: Deco BE85  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

This Article Applied To:
Deco BE85_V1 with firmware 1.0.16 and later
*Subsequent software upgrades will support more models.

*ECO Mode 2.0 is under Deco APP>More>Deco lab.

Compared with ECO Mode 1.0 here, ECO Mode 2.0 has enhanced energy-saving capabilities on Deco. It can effectively reduce your router's power consumption, leading to potential savings on electricity costs.
*The energy-saving effect of Deco ECO Mode 2.0 here is based on Deco BE85 and All data are measured in the laboratory and may deviate from the actual environment.

ECO Mode is a revolutionary feature that transforms your Deco into a power-saving device, helping you reduce electricity costs and save money. This mode offers three distinct energy-saving options tailored to your specific needs.

• Balanced Mode, prioritizes maintaining your current network performance while introducing modest energy savings. Although the power reduction in this mode may not be significant, it's a great choice for those who want to ensure a stable connection while minimizing energy consumption.

• Efficient Mode offers slightly better energy savings while still preserving the Mesh network's coverage and stability. This mode is ideal for users who value both energy efficiency and uninterrupted connectivity.

• Standby Mode is designed for maximum energy conservation. By reducing the router's power consumption to its lowest level, you can significantly cut down on electricity costs. However, please note that this mode may affect the Mesh network's performance, making it more suitable for situations like sleeping at night or when no one is home.

From the experimental data on Deco BE85, you can see that Standby Mode can save half of the power, which helps you save electricity bills when you go out.

What's more, ECO Mode gives you the flexibility to customize your energy-saving schedule. You can set the router to automatically switch to a specific mode based on your daily routine, ensuring optimal savings without compromising connectivity.

In conclusion, ECO Mode is a powerful tool that helps you save money on electricity bills while maintaining a reliable home network.

Related Article:

Deco ECO Mode 1.0

Options
13 Reply
Re:Deco ECO Mode V2 is ready!
2024-05-13 10:57:46

@David-TP Thank you for sharing. Do we have a rough estimate of the kwh savings per month the different ECO modes could yield? Knowing that could help us understand the potential $ savings and help inform a decision whether using this feature is worth the speed and functional trade-offs.

On my wish list for V3: Home presence detection based on a list of known devices (i.e., mobile phone I'd pick in the connected clients list), if not home --> turn on the eco mode.

Options
Re:Deco ECO Mode 2.0 is ready!
2024-05-15 18:12:37

@David-TP I have a BE85 and would to give this a try.  Can you help me get this enabled please? :)

Thanks!

Options
2024-05-16 02:22:14 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Mudslideyo 

Hi, Thank you for the feedback.

From the information I have received, Deco BE85_V2_1.0.18 has added ECO Mode under Deco APP>More>Deco Lab. You can enable it on your own.

Since you asked, I wonder if you can't find the ECO mode 2.0 under Deco lab.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-05-16 11:58:07

I have 1.0.18 on my be85s and even beta tester for the deco app and don't have this option available under my deco lab. Are we missing something?

Options
2024-05-17 00:35:10

@David-TP  I do nort have this option inside the lab section of the app. 

Options
2024-05-17 01:11:39

@Mudslideyo 

@Jwilliams0100 

Thank you very much for the notification.

I will check with the senior engineers to see if we can find something related.

Will update here as soon as I get the reply.

Thanks again.

Best regards.

Options
2024-05-17 14:31:07

@David-TP Thank you.

Options
3 weeks ago

@David-TP Hope your doing well.  Any update on this by chance?  Thanks!

Options
3 weeks ago
you probably have be85 V2s, rather than the v1 this was released for.
Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Mudslideyo 

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, the ECO Mode 2.0 is still under testing on Deco BE85(US) and the current 1.0.18  version hasn't supported it yet. But ECO Mode 2.0 will be gradually rolled out later.

Once the firmware is ready, I will update here as soon as possible.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 767

Replies: 13

Related Articles