New Firmware for Archer AX55 V1 Supports DoH&DoT, ECO Mode, EasyMesh in AP Mode and More

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New Firmware for Archer AX55 V1 Supports DoH&DoT, ECO Mode, EasyMesh in AP Mode and More

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-05-22 08:41:55 - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer AX55(US)_V1_1.3.2 Build 20240325

Update:

Let's move to new thread of  Pre-release Firmware for Archer AX55 V1 1.3.3 to experience newer features and optimizations!

1.3.3 version still contains all update in this thread.

Hello Everyone,

We're thrilled to announce the release of new official firmware for Archer AX55(US) V1. This firmware update introduces several exciting new functions and improvements to enhance your experience including Ethernet Backhaul, EasyMesh in AP mode, Satellite Router Management, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode, etc. We encourage you to upgrade firmware and take advantage of the following features. Your feedback and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Download Link:

Archer AX55(US)_V1_1.3.2 Build 20240325

Note: This firmware cannot be degraded to the previous version.

New Features/Enhancements

1.Add support for ECO mode ( on Advanced->System->ECO Mode page).

When working in Power-Saving Mode or Ultra Power-Saving Mode, your router will reduce the power consumption to save power, please note that your network speed and coverage will be reduced as well.

2.Add support for DoH/DoT(on Advanced->Network->Internet page).

3.Add Tap Mode in OpenVPN Server(on Advanced->VPN Sever ->OpenVPN page).

TAP mode, short for "Ethernet Bridging" is a network technology that enables the bridging of two or more network segments into one virtual network. With the integration of TAP mode into your OpenVPN server, your AX55 router now has the ability to work as a bridge between multiple local networks, creating a seamless and unified network experience.

Welcome to explore more from Introducing TAP Mode in OpenVPN Server for AX55 V1 Router

Note: It requires your OpenVPN Client supporting TAP Mode as well, or you will not be able to connect the VPN Server successfully.

4.Add quick setup for third-party VPN in VPN Client feature(including Surfshark and NordVPN)

Here are the related FAQs: 

How to Install Surfshark VPN on TP-Link Wireless Routers
How to Install NordVPN on TP-Link Wireless Routers

5.Add support for multiple selection in whitelist.

6.Add support for EasyMesh in AP mode.
7.Add support for EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul.
8.Enhance EasyMesh Satellite Router Management via satellite router web interface.

• Add Reboot option

•  Added EasyMesh Network Topology to gain a clear understanding of your EasyMesh network's structure.

• LED Control

9.Add isolation of Guest Network and Main Network in AP mode.
10.Add Language options on the top of the web interface.
11.Add support for multi-device upgrade.
12.Optimize USB sharing, now the secure sharing is enabled by default.
13.Enhance Wi-Fi Schedule to enjoy more flexibility by setting separate schedules for 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi bands.

14.Enhance system stability.

Related Article

Pre-release Firmware for Archer AX55 V1 1.3.3 Brings a Host of New Features and Optimizations

EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller

Introducing TAP Mode in OpenVPN Server for AX55 V1 Router

Introducing ECO Mode for Archer Router

What is DoH and How to use it on TP-Link Wi-Fi Routers?

How to Build an Ethernet Backhaul Using Two EasyMesh Routers

Options
38 Reply
Re:New Firmware Release of Archer AX55 V1
2024-05-22 10:19:30

@Marvin_S why AX55 V1 (EU) late update new firmware

Options
2024-05-22 13:47:34 - last edited 2024-05-22 15:46:20

@AF63 

Check this post - you can use this version for an EU region device as well.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-05-22 15:12:07

@terziyski I use main router AX80 (EU) add easymesh satellite AX55 (EU) 

Wait AX55 (EU) new update firmware

Options
2024-05-23 17:30:27

@AF63 

Hi,

If you think you need the new firmware urgently, then you can always reset the AX55 V1 to factory defaults, then install the firmware manually via the file downloaded from TP-Link's website and then reset the AX55 V1 again and add it as a satellite. That's like 5 minutes of additional time. 

Options
2024-05-23 23:44:55

@Marvin_S currently i have Archer AX55(US) Ver 2.0. is there any upgrade firmware for this model?

I unable to add Getflix openvpn since the status is always connecting.

Appreciate your revert on this matter.

Options
2024-05-24 06:32:55

@HKW 

Hi, if you may check the firmware on Tether app or web interface. It it shows Firmware is up to date. that means your current firmware has been the latest already.

And you have problem setting up VPN connection, this thread may help: VPN for Home Network

Options
2024-05-26 17:24:48

@Marvin_S 

Hi! I just bought an Archer AX72 Pro, and I'm loving it so far, but I wish I could use EasyMesh (I have two tp link powerline that are capable of it) when using the Archer in Access Point mode. With my ISP (iliadbox italia) I need to keep the routing function on their default router modem (iliadbox 6) to have full bandwidth speed. So it's either 

1) Archer as router=> EasyMesh On => lower speed

2) Archer as AP => EasyMesh OFF=> Full speed.

Clearly I'd like

Archer as AP=> Easy Mesh ON=> Full Speed.

I'm always up to try beta firmware, if there is one available for my Archer. 

Options
2024-05-27 17:42:33

@Marvin_S A similar firmware for ax53 will be released?

Options
2024-05-29 01:07:53

@AntMala 

HI, I replied you in your another thread.

Options
2024-05-29 01:10:20

@Dezinn 

Hi, sorry,  we don't have any specific details that I can share around if this feature can come to all the home routers, or when it might, but I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

Options