Connecting a Deco BE85 mesh to the internet with a Deco X20-DSL, X50-DSL or X73-DSL node

Connecting a Deco BE85 mesh to the internet with a Deco X20-DSL, X50-DSL or X73-DSL node

2024-05-30 03:18:02

Hi everyone,

I am considering changing my vendor VDSL modem to a Deco model for easy and convenient management of my internet connection, having it join my existing BE85 mesh.

My question is, given that the Deco DSL models use WiFi 6, will adding one to the BE85 mesh have any negative effect to the existing WiFi 7 network?

I don't want my home devices steering to the DSL node, given it'll be connected to a BE85 node with Ethernet next to it (as it is replacing the existing modem).

I essentially am hoping for the management features of the Deco app, but the DSL node functions as a bridge, in the same way my existing vendor DSL modem does, without any of its obsolete technologies affecting my existing BE85 mesh.

Can anyone shed any insights on this? Is it possible to setup a Deco DSL as a bridge, or at least turn off WiFi on that particular node?

Cheers!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting a Deco BE85 mesh to the internet with a Deco X20-DSL, X50-DSL or X73-DSL node
2024-05-31 10:44:58

@Josephs Hi, welcome to the community.

I think it would be better to keep the vendor VDSL modem if possible.

Deco_DSL models don't support DSL bridge mode yet and their Wi-Fi can't be disabled either.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 71

Replies: 1

Related Articles