Tapo Camera - Changing from Wi-fi to Ethernet
Tapo Camera - Changing from Wi-fi to Ethernet
2024-06-11 02:00:46 - last edited 2024-06-20 10:16:46
Tags: #Device Connectivity #Ethernet
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.11 Build 231116

Hello.

I have two Tapo C310 connected to my Wifi network, but to improve connection quality, I intent to wire them to my router using Ethernet. My question is: will the cameras automatically detect that they've been connected to Ethernet or will I have to restart the cameras and set them up using Ethernet?

I appreciate any help! Thank you! 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo Camera - Changing from Wi-fi to Ethernet-Solution
2024-06-14 08:52:49 - last edited 2024-06-20 10:16:46

@sergiomn 

Hi,

To switch a camera from the Wi-Fi connection to the LAN connection if the Tapo camera supports Wi-Fi and LAN connection, it's just required to connect the camera to the router via an Ethernet cable and then the LAN connection will take effect.

Note: Please ensure the ethernet cable is fine and the hardware connection is no problem thus the LAN connection will take effect.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo Camera - Changing from Wi-fi to Ethernet-Solution
2024-06-14 08:52:49 - last edited 2024-06-20 10:16:46

@sergiomn 

Hi,

To switch a camera from the Wi-Fi connection to the LAN connection if the Tapo camera supports Wi-Fi and LAN connection, it's just required to connect the camera to the router via an Ethernet cable and then the LAN connection will take effect.

Note: Please ensure the ethernet cable is fine and the hardware connection is no problem thus the LAN connection will take effect.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 394

Replies: 1

Related Articles