Stone House THICK walls - M5 Deco

Saturday - last edited Saturday

HI All 

I have a Deco M5 attached to a Sky router - 500mb. we then have a further 3 M5s throughout the house, currently none are hardwired.

Our house used to be two cottages and has been made one property so there is a very thick (3-4 foot) stone wall right down the middle.

I got some advice and was told to run an Ethernet cable from the main deco to one of the other ones on the other side of this wall which i have tried but it is now telling me that of the other two that are connected over WiFi are still showing a weak signal (20mb).

What do i do? It is driving me mad that i cant get decent coverage throughout the house.

Many thanks 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Stone House THICK walls - M5 Deco
Yesterday

@JockeyJon 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Did you run the Ethernet cable directly from the main Deco M5 to one of the satellite M5?

Would there be any network switch used for the cable extension? If yes, can I have its model number?

How long is the Ethernet cable by the way?

For more details about the Ethernet Backhaul of Deco, it is also suggested to refer to General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco (especially Q5 and Q6).

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Stone House THICK walls - M5 Deco
Yesterday - last edited Yesterday

It sounds like they are still trying to connect to the main Deco and not the hardwired one.

You can manually set it by tapping on the Deco you want to change on the main screen of the Deco app and then:

- Tap again on the Deco in the list

- Tap on Connection Preference

- Tap on the toggle next to Auto

- Select the Deco on the correct side of the wall

Options