Higher latency in gaming than others

2024-07-19 00:40:40
Model: Deco X50-5G  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.5

I have bought the X50-5G device, and I am impressed with the performance of the device and how high the download can get as well as the upload. I am making this comparison to a H112–372 Huawei 5G device.

however, I am noticing a higher latency value while gaming on a PS five device using an ethernet connection. 

In the Huawei device I was getting a maximum close to 300 download and 40-50 upload mbps using speed test.

On the TP-link device, the maximum I was able to get was 670 downloads and an upload of 70–80 mbps. 

Which is substantially better ! However, the ping is higher then the Huawei device by 10-15 ms ! on the H112-372 i was gaming at 17ms latency while on the TP-link i am getting 30ms ! why is that ? Given that I’ve run the tests from from the same location using the same set up with the ethernet cable.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Higher latency in gaming than others
2024-07-19 03:51:28

@Abdullah3ashoor 

Hi, Nice to see you again.

If we enable "High Priority" for the PS5 on the Deco APP, will it help reduce the ping latency?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Higher latency in gaming than others
2024-07-19 03:55:24

@David-TP But Mr.David High proitrity requires setting the QOS which asks for a set value of a max bandwith and in 5G cellular connections its not close to being stable whatso ever. it goes from 600mbps down in quite times and in peak times it only reaches a 100mbps. That is a fault from the ISP i understand but still. its not a FTTH stable connection. Thanks for the reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 121

Replies: 2

Related Articles