Camera UTC time is wrong, not EDT

2024-07-23 14:02:14 - last edited 2024-07-23 14:11:34
Tags: #Tapo App Related #UTC time
Model: Tapo C520WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.8

When the camera does a detection, the info is off by one hour. In the Tapo app, for my camera device info i have it set as UTC-5 New York as i'm in that time zone but currently we are on EDT therefore the App should be UTC-4 NY.  Can EDT be added as a supported feature so we don't have to choose manually an offset UTC in order to get right time.

BTW, this issue wasn't there prior firmeare upgrade yesterday morning, dection time was equal to camera time.  Upgraded to firmware 1.2.8 build 20240606 rel. 39146n yesterday afternoon and then issue started. A hot fix would be required,

Options
11 Reply
Re:Camera UTC time is wrong, not EDT
2024-07-24 11:32:31

@Zigaroo 

Hi,
Usually, you don't need to change your time zone because of daylight saving time if you have selected the correct one, the camera will sync the correct time automatically.

In your case, is the camera's time and date shown correctly on the Live View page but not on the Playback page when watching a detection video recording? Can you share a picture/video showing the problem?
You can try to power off the camera and power it on, then check if it helps.

Best Regards

Options
2024-07-24 23:12:30

screenshot Hi  @Solla-topee 

The recording and playback are OK, they the right time, it's the notification which are off by an hour. I did a camera reboot and also tried camera power cycle, issue still there.

My notification on Tapo App, either on Android (Samsung cell) or on IOS (iPad) both show the offset.

See attached.

Options
2024-07-25 08:36:46

@Zigaroo 

Hi,
Have you connected the camera to a third-party app/program via RTSP/ONVIF? If so, what's the model number of the third-party device/app?
You can change the camera account on the Tapo app to disconnect the RTSP stream and then check if the camera's notification will have the correct time.
Best Regards

Options
2024-07-25 11:39:39
It’s a Lorex NVR using OVIF. I will give that a try but the question remains, why this was not an issue prior to the firmware upgrade?
Options
2024-07-29 09:12:53

@Zigaroo 

Hi,
Any updates on this case? If you disconnect the camera from the Lorex NVR, can you receive the notification with the correct time info?
Best Regards

Options
2024-07-29 12:20:17 - last edited 2024-07-29 12:45:46

@Solla-topee 

Disconnect? the cameras are wireless. One thing to note, i have 3 cameras which saves to the Lorex NVR and all three have the issue but i have 4th one not connect (uses SD card) and it doesn't have the issue.

I've double check the Deco XE75 router and it's network time is OK.

As for disabling RTSP on Lorex, i could not find it. Cameras are set as ONVIF.

Options
2024-07-30 07:57:12

@Zigaroo 

Hi,
On the Tapo app> Camera's Device Settings>Advanced Settings>Camera Account page, you can change the account info to disconnect the ONVIF connection.
Best Regards

Options
2024-07-30 10:48:34

@Solla-topee 

Turned off the account on camera of Tapo app, the camera was no longer connecting to Lorex NVR.

Did a test and still 1 hr off set in the notification.

Options
2024-07-31 06:21:34

@Zigaroo 

Hi, 
After you disable the Camera Account function and disconnect the camera from the Lorex NVR, please reboot the camera first and then test whether the notification time is correct. 
If the problem disappears, connecting to the Lorex NVR may affect the camera's time rules. It is recommended to refer to the following guidance to collect the camera log for further analysis.
How do I get the log of Tapo Camera?
Best Regards

Options
2024-07-31 20:53:43

@Solla-topee 

Hi, so i did quite a few test.s.

Ethernet LAN cable connect to house network ison NVR:

1) camera account is ON, there is an issue. Camera is on the NVR screen, therefore connected.

2) camera account is OFF, there is an issue. Camera is not showing up on NVR screen.

3) reboot camera

4) camera account is ON, there is an issue. Camera is on the NVR screen, therefore connected.

5) camera account is OFF, there is an issue. Camera is not showing up on NVR screen

Camera was rebooted again, then i disconnected Eternet LAN on NVR.

1) camera does not show up on the NVR screen, since no network connection.

2) camera has no issue with notification time.

3) reconnect LAN to makre sure, camera has issue.

PS. Get the logs won't work as the camera needs a SD card whic it doesn't have since it uses NVR.

Note, as mention before one of the cameta uses SD card (so not the NVR) and it has no time issue.

Note 2, Deco XE75 network time is ok.

Note 3, when recording on NVR, there is no time stamp issue.

Note 4, I can still see camera on Tapo app via Wifi at anytime above.

this was not an issue prior to last week camera firmware upgrade. Anything changed on the RTSP side?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 374

Replies: 11

Tags

Related Articles