Download arbitrary clip from remote camera

2024-07-30 06:41:57
Tags: #Download
Model: Tapo C120  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi. Ability to download section of video remotely. It has error message today that we must be on same local network. I understand this may incur cost for you if your server must be in the middle for this to work for all scenarios. Maybe offer this as a feature of our paid subscription. Those without subscription can record clips remotely from memory card as they do today. Those with subscription however can download arbitrary clip with having to record it locally again. 

thank you. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:Download arbitrary clip from remote camera
2024-07-31 10:57:42

@Gooberx 

Hi,
Typically, if you have subscribed to the Tapo Care service, the video clips stored on our cloud server can be downloaded remotely. If you have inserted an SD card into the camera to store videos, the video recordings can be downloaded locally only.
Best Regards

Options
RE:Download arbitrary clip from remote camera
2024-07-31 19:35:20
+1 ce serait super
Options
2024-07-31 20:02:18

@Solla-topee "Typically, if you have subscribed to the Tapo Care service, the video clips stored on our cloud server can be downloaded remotely."

That part does work. But we also need footage before and after the video clip for context. To grab it and the surrounding footage we can not do remotely. I can understand you may want users to have Tapo Care to support such a feature as it may impact your data in and out cloud service. 

thank you. 

Options
2024-08-01 11:54:12

@Gooberx 

Hi, 
Is your usage scenario that there are continuous video recordings stored on the SD card, and you can cut & download the clips you want locally, but can't do it remotely, so you are requesting the new feature?
Best Regards

Options
2024-08-02 04:19:38 - last edited 2024-08-02 04:21:01

Hi  @Solla-topee 

"Is your usage scenario that there are continuous video recordings stored on the SD card, and you can cut & download the clips you want locally, but can't do it remotely, so you are requesting the new feature?"

Correct.  We have cameras mounted at remote locations with SD card.  Sometimes need access to more video surrounding the event.  If we can remotely download clips then we can provide the video to management.  We understand this may require data ingress/egress with your cloud provider to provide such a service.  I am suggesting this as a premium feature.

g00berx

Options
2024-08-02 07:02:40

@Gooberx 

Hi,
The requested new feature may not require data ingress/egress with the cloud server since the videos are stored on the SD card.
I do not have the information on whether this feature will be added to the camera or when it will, but I'll keep recording it and forward it to the relevant team for evaluation.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 182

Replies: 6

Voters 5

+ 1 Voters

Tags

Download