Washed Out HDR colours

Washed Out HDR colours
Washed Out HDR colours
2024-08-12 07:10:47 - last edited 2024-08-22 09:46:57
Model: Tapo C325WB  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.17

Hello,

I recently purchased a Tapo C325WB camera and have encountered a colour issue when using the HDR mode.

To illustrate the problem, I have taken snapshots in both regular mode (HDR off) and HDR mode:

Regular Mode (HDR Off):

NO HDR
HDR Mode On: 

HDR ON

In the HDR mode snapshot, the colour of the green leaves appears significantly washed out compared to the regular mode. This issue persists despite following the guidance in your FAQ.

I believe this is a potential bug that might require a firmware update. I would appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue.

Thank you for your support.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Washed Out HDR colours-Solution
2024-08-13 11:11:23 - last edited 2024-08-22 09:46:57

@SubM 

Hi, 
The HDR mode does not improve image quality in all scenarios. It is suitable for some specific scenarios, such as scenes with strong contrast between light and shadow. From the pictures you provided, the camera does not need to enable HDR mode.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Washed Out HDR colours-Solution
2024-08-13 11:11:23 - last edited 2024-08-22 09:46:57

@SubM 

Hi, 
The HDR mode does not improve image quality in all scenarios. It is suitable for some specific scenarios, such as scenes with strong contrast between light and shadow. From the pictures you provided, the camera does not need to enable HDR mode.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Washed Out HDR colours
2024-08-13 11:18:02
Yeap. I don't need HDR mode at all in the daytime. But at night time HDR mode significantly improves the image quality. Without HDR, the camera only focuses on the lights and the dark spots become almost invisible. I don't think there is any way to switch HDR mode based on the time of the day, which is why I think either the image quality needs to be improved or an option to toggle HDR mode automatically needs to be provided within the app that can change HDR mode based on time of the day.
Options
Re:Washed Out HDR colours
2024-08-14 06:41:56

@SubM 

Hi,
Thank you for the explanation. In your usage scenario, I think being able to enable/disable the HDR mode based on time is the correct way. It's recommended to post the feature request here for evaluation.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 190

Replies: 3

Related Articles