P9 Deco - New Firmware V2 1.2.1build 20240716 - Remote P9's keep dropping off

2 weeks ago
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 build 20240716

Upgraded to the new firmware on sunday evening before bed and on Monday and Tuesday, the remote P9 decco's seem to just drop off the network.

All Deco including the main one which is plugged into Ethernet and in AP Mode light stays white.

I only upgraded as I had seen the network get slow over the last few days and I always thought I had an issue with how the connect back to the main decco.

I cant access the app when its offline.

Eventually it slowly comes back to life and all OK till it goes offline again. The app shows OK apart from the map, it looks like they are daisy chained together but when I click on them, the all say the connect back to the main AP Deco.

Its gone offline 5 times today.

Im now looking at getting the Moca adapters and using my coax arial for my network as Ive never been happy with these. They fill a void but fall way short of what I expected.

My feature request, would be to choose the route of a access point, if you can see issues or choose the AP you want a particular device to connect to. 

Has anyone else had any issues on the new firmware ?

Thanks

Martyn

Options
2 Reply
Re:P9 Deco - New Firmware V2 1.2.1build 20240716 - Remote P9's keep dropping off
2 weeks ago

@Nytram 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Could you please refer to this link to help me submit the APP log:How to submit Deco APP log?

Recently, I saw some feedback that the Deco APP reports satellite Deco offline but actually, the devices could still get an internet connection from the satellite units. 

How about your case? Are the clients still able to get an internet connection when the satellite P9s are offline but the LED is still white?

There seem to be 4*P9 units in the Mesh system and did all three satellite P9s have a similar issue?

- By the way, did the three satellite P9 units connect to the main P9 via any network switches? If yes, can I have the model number of the switch?

- Would there be many smart IOT devices, like Kasa/Tapo/Google smart plugs/lights in the Wi-Fi network?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:P9 Deco - New Firmware V2 1.2.1build 20240716 - Remote P9's keep dropping off
2 weeks ago

@David-TP 

Hi

Thanks for the reply, ive sent the system logs and Ive also logged an official ticket, which I added the ticket number on.

All my deco's LEDs stay white when this happens.

I dont want to factory reset all my decos as they were working before the upgrade. They asked me to try and set another deco as the main one but the app would not let me.

I also tried to downgrade the firmware but it wouldnt let me. 

Has this been common from the update ?

Can you tell me how long you will as a company be supporting these devices as the updates seem very slow and no more new features anymore ?

Options