Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability

Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability

25 Reply
Re:Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability
a week ago

@Kevin_Z 

Hi

Thanks for your response.

This is a update screenshot of Connectivity labs from S24u connected to a different brand of wifi 7 router MLO.

It does shows MLO connected time of more than an hour but once I switch back to MLO of BE550. The time stops updating.

Also.. pls advise where can I find the MLO status in BE550?

Thanks

Options
Re:Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability
a week ago

@Kevin_Z 

Hi

I ran Wifiman app on my S24u connected to BE550 MLO and a different brand wifi 7 router.

It shows connected only to 6Ghz to BE550

It shows MLO connection with 2.4/5Ghz with different brand wifi7 router

Thanks

Options
a week ago

PandaJas wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Also.. pls advise where can I find the MLO status in BE550?

Thanks

@PandaJas You may login to the router's web interface and navigate to Network Map > Clients. There, you should be able to see the real-time rate for the S24U. Please check if it indicates whether the phone is connected to 5G, 6G, or MLO.

BTW, can I know the brand and model number of the other Wi-Fi 7 router that you're using to test this MLO? Thank you very much.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
a week ago

@Kevin_Z 

Hi

Here is the screen shot

S24U is connected to MLO SSID but the Wifi Signal Icon shows otherwise.

The other Wifi Router brand/model is (Xiaomi BE3600 2.5G)

Thanks

Options
a week ago

@PandaJas 

Thank you very much for the update.

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
a week ago

@Kevin_Z 

I have the same problem. BE550 1.0.11 firmware, Samsung S24 Ultra connecting to MLO SSID, but only to one band. The switching between 6Ghz/5Ghz OK, but the multi-band connection not working.

WiFiman1

WiFiman2

Options
a week ago

@Kevin_Z 

OK, I also tested it with a Xiaomi 13T Pro, the result is the same. So it's the router's problem, not the phone's.

WiFiman1

WiFiman2

Options
a week ago

@Pisti7204 

I'd like to clarify the connection status of the Samsung S24 Ultra based on insights from our development and engineering teams. 

Currently, the S24U only supports 2+5 or 2+6 Multi-Link Multi-Radio (MLMR). It does not support 5+6 MLMR due to hardware limitations. While it may support 5+6 Multi-Link Single Radio (MLSR) in the future, this feature is not enabled at the moment. This means that when using the Xiaomi BE3600 or our BE230/BE3600 routers, both supporting 2+5 MLO, the connection will work with 2+5 MLMR, which should be reflected in your Connectivity Labs as a Multi-Link connection.

However, the BE550, which uses 5+6 MLO, will not work in a multi-link configuration with the S24U.

For more technical details about MLO, you can refer to this article: Supercharging Wi-Fi 7: Low Latency and Multi-Link Operation.

From the above analysis, it seems the situation may be similar for your Xiaomi 13T Pro, but I cannot confirm this at the moment without confirmation from Xiaomi support. I recommend checking with Xiaomi support to see if the Xiaomi 13T Pro supports 2+5 or 2+6 Multi-Link Multi-Radio (MLMR).

Options
a week ago

@Kevin_Z 

Could the support for 2+5 or 2+6 Multi-Link Multi-Radio (MLMR) be enable in the BE550 since it is a tri-band ap router.

I have written to the engineering support for this but yet to get an response.

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for explaining it, it makes sense now. I didn't know about this hardware limitation for phones. The Intel BE200 adapter in my ASUS notebook works, uses both MLO lanes. Obviously it's not a big problem as long as the 5Ghz-6Ghz switching works (the S24 Ultra switches to 5Ghz when the 6Ghz band is out of range and then back), since the network speed is still adequate, but I thought that the the error is in the router. Is there a chance that 3-band MLO will work in this router, or is this a hardware limitation from the router's point of view?

This is the screenshot of my notebook's connection status and speed on Windows 11 24H2 Release Preview. The maximum speed that the BE200 can achieve on the single 6Ghz band is 5188 Mbps, so multi link must be working here as it should. (Sorry, this screenshot is in Hungarian, but I think it's understandable)

Options