Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability

Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Archer BE550  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20240807

Hello Everybody, 

A new firmware has been released for the Archer BE550 recently with a few fixes you will likely be interested in, including fixes for a few of the behaviors reported on the forums.

This Article applied to:

Archer BE550 V1/V1.6

Modifications and Improvement

This firmware introduces the wireless firmware update, enhances system stability, and optimizes MLO network stability.

1. Updated wireless firmware to fix related instability issues.
2. Fixed the MLO disconnection issue with the Samsung S24U and other similar WiFi 7 clients.
3. Updated default encryption to WPA2/WPA3 for main 2.4G and 5G Wi-Fi networks.
4. Fixed the bug allowing clients on Guest Wi-Fi to access USB sharing in AP mode.
5. Enhanced VPN stability.
6. Fixed the issue where tether clients show no clients in special cases.
7. Improved app performance with server request optimizations.
8. Fixed the issue where DDNS stops working in special cases.

Check for an Update to Your Routers Firmware, Or Download and Apply the Firmware Manually from Your Device's Download Page

Firmware Download:

Before the Upgrade

(1) For the sake of insurance, it's always recommended to save a copy of the router Backup Config file before upgrading or downgrading.

(3) You may follow the guide to upgrade the firmware of your router. How to Upgrade the Firmware on the TP-Link Wi-Fi Routers.

Direct Firmware Download Link

You can also download the firmware from the below link directly and update manually:

Archer BE550_V1/V1.6_1.0.11 Build 20240807

Additional Information

As always, we value your feedback. If somehow you encounter an issue during or after the router firmware upgrade, it's suggested to comment below with the following info. Your input helps us continue improving and providing the best products and support.

• Model, hardware version, and firmware version of your router.
  • Detailed issue description, and provide more information on the specific conditions that seem to trigger the problem.
Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
25 Reply
Re:Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability
2 weeks ago

@Kevin_Z Thanks Kevin but is this Official firmware any differant from the beta 1.0.11 build 202450801?

-     Beta 1.0.11 build 20240801

- Official 1.0.11 build 20240807

My router doesn't find any new firwares due to the version and only differance I can see is the last digit which i'll assume are possibly related to compiled dates.

Options
Re:Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability
2 weeks ago

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

Great news, I have been running on the 1.0.11 beta for a few weeks now (since you shared it on the forum) so I look forward to try the official version.

However, if I look at the TP-Link firmware download page for my country/region (Sweden/Europe) there has not been any updates since 1.0.8. But if I look at the US equivalent there has been several. Why is that? Is Europe not as prioritized market? When can I expect the 1.0.11 to be released in my region since I need to use the region specific firmware to not void my warranty.

Thanks and regards,

Lasse

Options
2 weeks ago

@Kevin_Z  Clicked on link but only shows .10 instead of .11

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@TheHypnooToad If this was a more upto date firmware I would've tried flashing the US version but I really don't see this as an improvment over the 1.0.11 beta that I already have.

EDIT:

Beta     : be550v1-up-all-ver1-0-11-P1[20240801-rel15163]_sign_beta.bin

Official : be550v1-up-all-ver1-0-11-P1[20240807-rel25691]_sign_2024-08-07_15.47.04.bin

Unless i'm wrong, to me all thats changed is the digital signature date.

Options
2 weeks ago

David6479 wrote

@Kevin_Z Thanks Kevin but is this Official firmware any differant from the beta 1.0.11 build 202450801?

-     Beta 1.0.11 build 20240801

- Official 1.0.11 build 20240807

My router doesn't find any new firwares due to the version and only differance I can see is the last digit which i'll assume are possibly related to compiled dates.

@David6479 Hello David, thanks for asking.

The official version 1.0.11 build 20240807 is currently the latest release for the BE550 V1. This version includes all the modifications and fixes found in the beta version 1.0.11 build 20240801.

As this latest official version is being gradually rolled out, not all devices automatically detect the new firmware on their router page just yet. If you cannot detect this version, please download the firmware using the provided link or from the local website, and then upgrade your router manually.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2 weeks ago

LBQ wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

Great news, I have been running on the 1.0.11 beta for a few weeks now (since you shared it on the forum) so I look forward to try the official version.

However, if I look at the TP-Link firmware download page for my country/region (Sweden/Europe) there has not been any updates since 1.0.8. But if I look at the US equivalent there has been several. Why is that? Is Europe not as prioritized market? When can I expect the 1.0.11 to be released in my region since I need to use the region specific firmware to not void my warranty.

Thanks and regards,

Lasse

@LBQ No, that is not the case. Some local website admins may delay the firmware upload due to time differences and they might update the website resources later in a week. You may check that later.

If you cannot wait, you can download the new official version from the global website, as your BE550 is likely an EU version since you're located in Sweden:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/archer-be550/#Firmware

Options
2 weeks ago

@TheHypnooToad 

I assume you're on the same boat with @LBQ. Please refer to my response to him.

Options
2 weeks ago

Was bored so ended up just downloading from the Global site and flashing the router. As expected all went fine with the process and side stepped from the 1.0.11 beta to 1.0.11 official.

Options
a week ago

@Kevin_Z 

Hi

I've tried the latest offical firmware BE550 1.0.11 Build 20240807 rel.25691(5553) for over a week.

Everythings seems working fine until I noticed that my Samsung S24Ultra which connects to the MLO SSID is always using either 5Ghz or 6Ghz bands when MLO is enable at the BE550 for both bands.

Here is the screenshot from my S24U Connectivity Labs showing it has been connected to Wifi7 for over 100 hours (5Ghz 34 hours and 6Ghz 78 hours) but (Multi-Link) MLO shows 0 hours.

I hope my understanding is correct that Wifi7 Clients are supposed to use all the bands simultaneously but it isn't in my case. Please advice.

Thanks 

This is the BE550 MLO network configuration:

Options
a week ago

@PandaJas 

Thank you very much for the feedback.

The connectivity may still show as connected to 5G/6G even when your Samsung S24 Ultra is on the MLO network due to how MLO functions. MLO allows devices to connect to multiple bands simultaneously. Your phone may still be connected to both the 5G/6G band and the MLO network, which can lead to it displaying a connection to a higher frequency.

How about the connection status of the MLO network displayed on the BE550's web interface? Can we have a screenshot? You may mask some sensitive information before posting.

Meanwhile, please verify whether the status displayed in the Connectivity Labs software accurately reflects the current connection state. If possible, test this software while your phone is connected to another MLO network from a different brand.

Options