Internet Connection Lost but WiFi OK

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20230611 Rel. 77653

After more than 1 year of problem free operation, our X68 suddenly lost internet connection today. The internet is working fine (confirmed by connecting directly to the network termination device with ethernet cable) and the WiFi is working as WiFi Router. Nothing had changed - no settings changed, etc. The red light is on steady at the base of the Main unit. I have tried rebooting numerous times and even creating a new Network and nothing has made any difference. The App shows that firmware is up to date. I am in Australia with Optus NBN FTTP Dynamic IP connection. Interestingly, the second ethernet port on the X68 Main unit doesn't pass through any data if I connect a computer to that port yet when I plug that cable directly into the network termination device the computer connects to the internet ok. Any ideas? Could this be a hardware problem?

Update

After trying many things I swapped over the second X68 unit that had been a mesh connected access point and, at first it exhibited the same problem but while looking for our old router to try to get some internet going, the internet access suddenly reappeared. I'm not game to swap the units again to see if it's hardware specific or whether the ISP had originally caused some kind of problem which they then rectified. I might try later. Now I have to try to get the original x68 unit to perform as the Mesh connected access point which it doesn't seem to want to do.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Internet Connection Lost but WiFi OK
3 weeks ago

@Manny_B 

Hi, Have you tried to reset the "Original Main" Deco X68 once(by holding the reset pinhole for 1s) before adding it as the satellite Deco unit?

Would there be any error message when it failed to be set as the satellite Mesh unit?

Please also refer to Encountering an Error When Adding a Deco

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 80

Replies: 1

Related Articles