Powerline lights gone out!!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-12-01 06:43:00
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA4010

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi Guys,
New to this forum but desperate for some help.

I have a Sky Hub router. From there I have an Ethernet cable to a TP LINK 4010 connector. Then the kids upstairs are using another 4010 and the other child a Netgear adaptor. Everything has been working fine for months until today when the eldest(On the TP adaptor) said his Internet had dropped out. The Powerlight was on, the Ethernet light was on but the Powerline light(middle light of the three) was off. The youngest's internet was still working but after fiddling for a while, the usual switch everything off then turn it back on again. All 3 adaptors are doing the same now, top and bottom lights on but middle light off and no internet connection.
Help PLEASE the kids think their world has ended.

Steve
Options
2 Reply
Re:Powerline lights gone out!!!
2014-12-01 16:28:17
Steve, since middle light goes off, it means that your powerline adapters lost communicate with each other. In this case, did you try to repair them or reset them?
If not, follow the guide below.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=258
Options
Re:Powerline lights gone out!!!
2014-12-02 16:37:26
Thanks Mavis,

Got them all back up again now. It would appear that the eldest's line dropped out and in trying to repair it I dropped out the youngest's and then by trying to repair them all at once I wasn't repairing anything. Rest them all back to factory settings and started again one by one.

Steve
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 13055

Replies: 2

Related Articles