Unable to reach some website

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-16 22:57:52
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have recently purchased TD-W8960N modem. I have BSNL broadband connection. After i installed this modem, i am unable to reach some specific websites. I am able to access www.onlinesbi.com before i installed this modem. I have also checked that with different internet connection i am able to reach this website. I can also access this website if i use zenmate. When i ping this website, it shows destination net unreachable followed by request time out. Is this happening due to modem or ISP? Kindly help me with this problem. 90N
Options
4 Reply
Re:Unable to reach some website
2017-05-25 19:46:04
What's the hardware version of your 8960? You can try to modify the MTU size on your PC and have a test. If the modify have solve your problem, this should be a MTU size problem of this device. I recommend you to ask the support team for help.
Options
2017-05-26 17:09:00
Well, thank you pacco. I did not get any response from support team. I wrote them twice but thankfully I have already got the solution from the internet 4 days before. Yes it was mtu. When i changed mtu from 1480 (default) to 1440, i could open that website. Only thing i could not understand how decreasing mtu value could solve this problem. :)
Options
2018-06-20 14:27:38
I am also facing the same issue freelancer and SBI Website are not loading.
Options
2018-06-21 08:54:10

mehakaggarwal wrote

I am also facing the same issue freelancer India and SBI Website are not loading.

You can also try to change the MTU size on the modem from 1480(default) to 1440 or 1400.
Good luck~
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 672

Replies: 4