How to set up Ethernet Backhaul with your Deco devices

How to set up Ethernet Backhaul with your Deco devices

401 Reply
Re:How to set up Ethernet Backhaul with your Deco devices
2022-03-25 02:41:41

@Newbb 

Yes, Deco would still be a mesh network under access point mode and devices could still roam to the nearby Deco if they support fast roaming.

Options
2022-04-08 18:45:42

@Alexandre. Hi,  Appreciate your suggestion here. I recently bought my Deco X60 3 unit pack. Having issues when I connect to D-Link switches DGS-1008A. What happens is that, after connecting main DECO X60 to the DGS-1008A switch (port 1), and then satellites DECO X60 connected each one directly to DGS-1008A switch ports 2 and 3 respectively, although DECOs turn solid green, the APP does not recognize satellites. If I connect via browser, the browser shows the satellites but I noticed a strong delay in response time when selecting main deco, satellite deco 2 or satellite deco 3.

I am assuming then that my D-Link switch DGS-1008A has some type of incompatibility.

Under this configuration, running SpeedTest APP (not via browser): ping 5ms, remained at 5ms, download 559Mbps dropped to 433Mbps, upload 310Mbps dropped to 266 Mbps. Running from my laptop, which is CAT5E cabled to satellite 3, ping 2ms increased to 3ms, download 630Mbps dropped to a mere28.48 Mbps, and upload 312.62 dropped to 297.17.

Clearly there is an issue with the ethernet backhaul and D-Link DGS-1008A switch.

Screenshots attached.

File:
Dell Latitude E7270 no switch.jpgDownload
Options
2022-05-31 15:44:35

@TP-Link Deco It seems, that the last update has introduced a backhaul defect. My 3 x Deco M9 has worked fine with full backhaul through a switch until now. But after the last release, it only works between the two deco's that are not primary - the use ethernet backhaul between them. But they link to the primary Deco with WiFi. I have tried all compo's and directly wired them. I have restarted one og the entire network. I have shot down everything and turned it on again in the right sequence. Same result.

Options
2022-06-01 06:07:07

@CE-DK-1974 

Thanks for the feedback.

Could you please share a picture of your current network layout? and what is the model number of the network switch?

Did Deco M9 plus work on the wireless router?

The latest firmware of Deco M9 plus 1.5.1 has been released for quite a while and I did not see much feedback about the Ethernet backhaul.

So far, I don't think it might be related to the firmware upgrade.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-06-01 19:57:16 - last edited 2022-06-01 19:58:24

@TP-Link Deco Sure. My setup is the same as in this article for Access points. I am using af highend switch TP-Link - 24 Ports Easy Smart Netvork switch - 10/100/1000 Mbps. It worked fine with backhaul before. I am not using a wireless router - its a fiber with ethernet.

Options
2022-06-02 02:56:59

@CE-DK-1974 

Thank you very much for the update.

Is the TP-Link - 24 Ports Easy Smart Network switch - 10/100/1000 Mbps TL-SG1024DE?--you could check it on the bottom label.

And please refer to this link to temporarily turn off the loop deletion on the 3 ports that are connected to Deco to have a test:

[Troubleshooting] Ethernet/PLC Backhaul not active

best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-06-02 09:09:26

@David-TP Hi David. Thx for your swift response. Yes its the right switch.

Pls refer to this link. https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/274828

All TP-link switch's support  IEEE 1905.1.

I have tried direct ethernet, at it does not solve the issue, that backhaul decos' will not connect to the primary, only to each other.

Br. CE

Options
2022-06-02 09:57:43

@CE-DK-1974 

Hi, I have provided my email address via private message, and could you please send me some screenshots of the signal source on the two satellite Deco nodes?

Best regards.

Options
2022-08-04 10:37:19

@TP-Link Deco 

Hi, 

I'm interested in implementing the following solution with 2 Deco M5 unit, will it work ? 

What speed should i expected in the PC if the main deco is connected to a 600Mpbs modem? 

Options
2022-08-04 15:26:36

@mmigdal 

I wish you opened separate forum thread for your question. Answering it.

Will it work?

Yes, it will.

What speed should I expected in the PC?

If Satellite Deco M5 is optimally placed, and with little WiFi interference, expect 300Mbps on average. With actual speeds fluctuating in the 200Mbps-450Mbps range. This is WiFi after all.

Making Internet link faster won't help. I have tested M5s in your configuration on gigabit Internet.

What does "optimally placed" mean?

When you open Satellite Deco status page in Deco app and you see that its Signal Source is at least two blue bars. It is what "optimally placed" means. That reports quality of WiFi connection between Satellite and Main Deco.

Example:

-------------------------

If you will have follow up questions, please start new forum thread so that you and me do not spam all people who are subscribed to this one.

Options