Date and time settings in the upgraded Deco app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-31 15:05:27
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.6 Build 20211018 Rel. 35617

Hello Deco-users, 

About a week ago I recieved an update on the app for the Android. 
Now I have Deco version 3.0.17 in my phone. 

I figured out that some of my devices are not following the parental control time schedule that I have created for them.
After some "Sherlock holmes-ing" in this, I could see that the dates in the app dont reflect reallity. 

For example: When I check the day in parental control, today is a Wednesday?!
Its not, it is a monday in reality. 

This will not work properly, since some of the devices is online when they shouldnt be. 
And some of the devices is OFFLINE, when they shouldn´t be.

So I started to check the system time in my decos (via web GUI). And the decos have he correct settings.
Could only see the date in this format: 

When I do the same in my DECO app, this is what I see: (Swedish langauge)

The weekdays translated from eng - swe

Monday Måndag
Tuesday Tisdag
Wednesday Onsdag
Thursday Torsdag
Friday Fredag
Saturday Lördag
Sunday Söndag

So, there is a mismatch in the mobile application day table vs. Deco M9 system day table. 
Can you please fix this issue asap?

One more thing regarding the application, that I really think is broken by design. 

If I want to remove old devices, you have added the function to wipe all the offline devices. 
It is good to be able to wipe devices in bulk, instead of one by one. 
But you will actually wipe all the offline devices, even if they are member of a parental group. 

Is it possible to get the choice of marking the devices I wish to delete?
So I can mark all the unwanted devices, and then click delete. That would be a super function for all of us.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Date and time settings in the upgraded Deco app
2022-11-01 03:23:21

@MalteMops Thank you very much for the feedback.

It has been reported to the senior engineers and the incorrect weekdays will be fixed along with the APP upgrade.

As for the "Clear All" in the offline devices, If a temporary offline device has been deleted here, it will not stop this device from connecting again. I will note down this feature first and check whether there would be more similar feedback.

Best regards.

Options
2022-11-03 09:41:57

@David-TP 
Nah, I think you misunderstood me there regarding the clear devices part. 

I can see the ONLINE and OFFLINE devices. 
When I choose to delete all, I delete all the OFFLINE devices. 

If there are an OFFLINE device that is member of a group in parental control, I will also delete this device and its membership of the parental control group.
So the next time the device is offline, it will no longer exist in the parental control group. 

Scenaro: 3 kids, different age also have different time limits, also content depending on age.
The youngest one have school tomorrow, therefor his phone will be offline 2200 CET.
His older brothers have other time limits. 

3 kids - 3 different groups
So when they are of to school and work, I have some sparetime, so I look into the DECO system to perform some maintenance. 
Updating Decos, Restarting the network, etc. etc. Cleaning out old/temporary devices. 

I deleted all the devices, and thinking, the devices that is a member in group should not be deleted... 
Hopefully I clicked "delete", and all offline devices where flushed from my system. Including devices that is part of familly and have a parental control membership.
So in the afternoon when everybody was home, I had a top-trimmed network, but with no limitations what so ever.
Since the membership groups where empty.

Suggestion: Put a "mark box" in front of every device in the devicelist. 
Then Deco admins could select multiple devices to delete from the devicelist in order to keep the system clean.

Options
2022-11-07 09:21:53

@MalteMops 

Thanks for your further explanation. Sorry I did forget that deleting the offline devices will remove them from the parental control profiles. I will report it to the engineers again for further evaluation.

As for the weekday settings,  I hope you could help me check some other details:

1. Would you see all the parental control profiles have the incorrect weekdays?

2. Did it happen randomly? Would it sync with the correct date later?

By the way, could you please refer to this link and submit the APP log:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/581574?replyId=1132466

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 774

Replies: 3

Related Articles