backhaul randomly has failed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-04 14:55:00
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have 3 M9 and 1 M5 that have been working in backhaul mode for many years.

Randomly this has stopped. the main router is connected to only one device on ethernet. the other 2 are connected via wifi link. Nothing has changed in my network. I have done a number of tests though

1) all the cables/ports are fine. I have connected other devices to them and checked the physical connection points with a line tester all the way back to the switch

2) wired ethernet is working across the board

3) i have 2 switches (both TP link due to previous problems with backhaul and mesh on a dlink device) tried isolating the backhaul to either one, no effect

4) when you plug in the deco to ethernet the switch doesn't see the device

5) when you attached a line tester to the decos ethernet point it is dark, on both ports

Leads me to believe that the ethernet ports have somehow been disabled on these 2 devices. 

Device 1 spec that is failing. Deco M9Plus Firmware 1.61

Device 2 spec that is failing. Deco M5 Firmware 1.70

other two devices that are working just fine

Deco M9Plus Firmware 1.61

Deo M9Plus firmware 1.2.12 (this is the main router)

Options
1 Reply
Re:backhaul randomly has failed
2023-07-05 08:35:25

@breeno 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Can I have a picture of your network topology with the model number of the main router and the network switch, such as

After that, can I have some screenshots of the network map and Backhaul type on the Deco APP:

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options