Optimize Ethernet Connection on Deco

Optimize Ethernet Connection on Deco

27 Reply
Re:Optimize Ethernet Connection on Deco
2023-08-24 21:06:05
Replying as I am having this issue and was pointed towards this thread. My port 1 is non-functional even after the beta XE75 driver is installed
Options
2023-08-26 00:01:51

Same problem with deco m5. If i connect cable directly to my isp modem i can get full speed (500M), if i connect it to deco m5 (first router, directly connectes to the isp router), i can get only 100M.

This is a recent problem, i'm a deco customer with this same equipment for 3 years. First time happening. I do believe it is a software update problem.

Options
2023-08-28 01:50:37

@Contatodopaulo 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Deco M5 has been tested before and it is not supposed to have this issue on firmware 1.7.1.

Could you please refer to the following suggestions to see whether they helped:

1. Can I have a screenshot of the "Test Internet Speed" result on the Deco APP?

2. Please replace a new good quality cable between the main Deco and ISP modem.

3. Connect the modem to another Ethernet Port on the main M5.

And if you haven't done a reset before, it is also suggested to reset the Deco and set it up again from scratches.

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2023-09-14 04:21:47

@David-TP 

Still having issues with the Deco X20 - plugging my desktop PC to the main router gets 1Gbps but plugging into the X20 reduces it to 100Mbps.

This seems like a firmware issue since like everyone's mentioned I've only had this issue recently. 

Options
2023-09-14 06:48:20

@cm-lee 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

I see you have installed the beta firmware for Deco X20_V2 already but it did not help, right?

Here " plugging my desktop PC to the main router gets 1Gbps but plugging into the X20 reduces it to 100Mbps", Do you mean the actual internet speed via www.speedtest.net or the Ethernet link speed on the Deco?

Have you tried to replace the cable once?

If you connect the PC to the other Ethernet port on the Deco X20, would it make any difference?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-09-27 18:04:11

More and more i read about TP deco product ... they are sold without a strong benchmark and field testing !

Options
2023-09-28 07:31:24

@Souldream 
Hi, Nice to see you again.
When we initially contemplated the option of disclosing solutions and beta firmware versions based on the various feedback we've received from users, we also had concerns about the potential negative perception it might create. We truly understand that showcasing a multitude of issues with the product is the last thing we want to convey.

However, this community solely revolves around TP-Link products. Regardless of our actions, discussions regarding defects and shortcomings are bound to arise. Since users actively seek assistance within the community, I believe it is necessary to share the solutions here. Furthermore, rest assured that all beta fixes will be incorporated into the official firmware later.

Options
2023-10-05 22:28:41

@David-TP 

i am having similar issue with xe5300, can i try firmware

Options
2023-10-07 07:10:08

@Ukguy115 

Hi, yes and it shared the same beta firmware as Deco XE75_V1.

But I noticed you have updated to the 1.2.8 version which has fixed this issue already. So there is no need to install the beta firmware anymore.

Can I have more details about your current issues on Deco XE5300 so that I can check with the engineers to see whether there are further suggestions?

Options
2023-10-07 14:15:09

@David-TP 

Thanks for the reply. I have a 3 pack of xe5300 running, one wireless backhaul and one direct ethernet backhaul.

I am had been using all 3 ports on two of them with no issue, but now on my main unit the top port is not working.

- I have tried reseting

- I have tried the ethernet cable change

- I have tried connecting device in question with issue to different port and works fine

- I have tried moving a satellite unit and turning it into the main and same issue

- I have tried going back to firmware 1.2.6 and same issue

Currenlty on firmware 1.2.8 with issue, everything else seems to work.

This probably happened in the past 1-2 weeks with no known cause or reason.

Options