Deco X55 with Sky Q, Please help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-02 17:33:13
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi Guys

I'm a bit of a newb here so please go steady.

The issue i have is that we live in a house which is hard to get good WiFi at decent speeds and stability. Our ISP is Sky and we have the Sky Q Hub/Router, a Netgear unmanaged swith as the Hub only has 1 port, Sky Q main box and 1 mini box with a booster in between them, all 3 on the same floor.

I have read about these whole home mesh systems so decided to take the plunge with this TP-Link X55 as i recognised they are a good make with a good reputation. So today i tried to install them. I put the Deco's into AP mode as suggested with comments ive read. I managed to update and install all 3 and took wifi readings around the home and it was a vast improvement on consistancy from room to room, excellent i thought!!

I then turned both TV's back on, that where the issue lies. The main Sky Q box seemed to be Ok but the Mini box definitley wasn't. The picture just froze or threw up a connection error. The main Q box is NOT wired up via ethernet, but the Mini does have an ethernet cable routing its way back to the Sky Q Hub/Router.

How on earth do you get the Deco mesh X55 system to work with Sky Q? Sky are a massive concern in the UK and people must have a Deco system that works with it. I thought by going with the latest Deco issues from the past may have been sorted.

Can anyone please describe what i have to do in an 'idiots guide' laymans terms please, as i'm certainly not a techy but willing to give the Deco's another try. I really dont want to send them back.

Thank you in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X55 with Sky Q, Please help
2023-11-03 01:42:56

@silversmudge 

Hi, Please refer to the reply here:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/1886

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0