Unstable connection, nodes going offline (temporary)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-28 15:43:32
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Rel.58453

I have an issue with my newly acquired Mesh network, Deco XE75. 

In total I have 5 nodes, with the primary connected by wire and all others wireless.

Lately my nodes keep going offline, temporarily, but quite often. Signal strenght is solid, so it could not be related to weak signal strength. Since I live on the country, there are no potential interferance in the proximity either. I have updated my firmware and tried to restart, but the issue is still there.

Another issue I have is with my laptop that seems to loose its connection to the network on a very regular basis. I have connected it to the primary, and locked it to this. Turned off beamforming and fast mesh and the other FAQ tips, but the connection is still unstable.

When it works I have 500Mbit wifi. It works flawless with my iphone, my smart TV, ipad, cameras etc. Since these buffer, I probably do not notice the connection failing temporarily with the nodes going offline and then online again, but with my laptop using Team videoconference, obviously this becomes very irritating.

Any ideas? I am starting to doubt the quality of these routers, so I would really appreciate any solid support to this issues.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Unstable connection, nodes going offline (temporary)
2023-11-29 08:08:44

@Jonatan2023 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Could you please help me check the wireless adapter on the laptop? I have seen some similar feedback about the Intel ax200/ax210.

As for the offline issue of satellite XE75, have you noticed any Deco turned to flashing red?

How often did the Deco usually drop out?

Can I have some screenshots of the network APP and signal source strength on the Deco, such as

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2023-11-29 08:36:56

@David-TP I checked the wireless adapter and it says Intel WiFi 6 AX201 160Mhz (not exactly the same but similar at least)

Options
2023-11-29 08:42:39

@David-TP regarding Decos flashing red, I do not think I have noticed that when they drop out. At least not as often. Now I even have it in the same room 1m away, so I should have noticed.

Please see also attached deco list with the routers. The primary goes two ways.

Matsal (primary)

Kök                          Bibliotek

Hall                          Lägenhet

Options
2023-11-29 08:44:02

@David-TP regarding how often, probably 2-4 times an hour or so.

Options
2023-12-01 09:22:44

@Jonatan2023 

Hi, Thanks for the update and I received your message as well.

Have you turned off "Mesh Technology" on the laptop to see whether it made any difference?

As for the disconnection of the satellite units, I wonder if Deco XE75 remains green, how did you find out it was actually Deco XE75 that dropped out or the mobile devices themselves?

Would Deco APP report any error message, like "XXX Deco was offline"?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 736

Replies: 5

Related Articles