X20 randomly reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

X20 randomly reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
X20 randomly reset
X20 randomly reset
2023-12-11 20:30:13
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 20230906 Rel. 41655

I currently own one Deco x50 unit and two Deco x20 units.

The x50 serves as the primary deco, while the x20 units are strategically placed in other rooms, connected wirelessly.

Unfortunately, I have been encountering a recurring problem where the x20 units reset randomly, displaying a flashing blue light. To resolve this issue, I have to reconfigure them each time. This problem has persisted for several months, despite a firmware update that was released during this period, which did not address the issue.

I have attempted to troubleshoot the problem by performing factory resets on all three deco units and reconfiguring them, but the random resets persist. For your reference, the Deco x50 is running firmware version 1.3.1 Build 20230824 Rel. 74320, while the x20 units are on firmware version 1.2.3 Build 20230906 Rel. 41655.

Unfortunately, connecting the units via cable is not a feasible option for me, as I purchased them with the intention of using them wirelessly to provide Wi-Fi coverage throughout my entire house. However, the need to reconfigure them on a weekly basis has become a significant inconvenience.

Options
3 Reply
Re:X20 randomly reset
2023-12-12 09:52:10

@Satoshi4ever 

Hi,welcome to the community.

Could you please refer to this link to help me submit the APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

Did both Deco X20 have the random reset issue? How long have you had Deco X20?

If possible, are you able to set Deco X20 as the main Deco to see whether the issue continued?

How to Set up the Satellite Deco or a new Deco to be the Main Deco

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2023-12-12 12:51:46

@David-TP both x20 reset at the same time.

I bought them in October 2021, they are 2 years old.

Options
2023-12-14 07:16:09

@Satoshi4ever 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

the system log has been received.

Have you tried to following test as well:

If possible, are you able to set Deco X20 as the main Deco to see whether the issue continued?

How to Set up the Satellite Deco or a new Deco to be the Main Deco

If it is still the same, it is suggested to contact the shop retailer to check whether the Deco X20 is still under warranty.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options