Outdoor Deco Powerline Connection Direction

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-03-10 10:45:45
Model: Deco X50-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Keeping this as simple as possible.....

I have an X50-Outdoor (mounted to a pole on the back of my garage) connected via a PoE160S injector. In turn that is plugged in to a TL-PA7017P powerline adapter.

In the house, a second TL-PA7017P is plugged in to a Deco M5.

Normally this works well. However, from time to time I check the app and instead of the word "Ethernet" appearing on the Outdoor Deco, it appears on the M5. 

The result is (I assume) the wired connection has reversed itself with the Outdoor Deco now wirelessly linking to the house to its next nearest Deco.

So how can I "lock" the direction of the Ethernet link and stop it from reversing direction as it slows the link to my outdoor cameras considerably, sometimes to the extent I cannot access them. The whole point of the powerline link is to stabilise the "weak" wireless connection the X50-Outdoor otherwise shows. Restarting the M5 by cycling its power corrects this, but I am often not there to do this. I considered a Smart Plug to power cycle the M5 but this seems a bit Heath Robinson. It must be possible to lock the Ethernet link surely?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Outdoor Deco Powerline Connection Direction
2024-03-10 14:05:47

@SteveWex 

For the reference: you should be able to reboot X50-Outdoor and M5 remotely with Deco app. You can verify that by turning off WiFi on smartphone with Deco app. Over the cellular, meaning not connected to your WiFi network, Deco app should still allow you to reboot Satellite Deco.

As for permanent solution, that won't come from Deco configuration settings. To fix the issue, you will need to connect in house TL-PA7017P to your LAN, not to Satellite M5. Connecting to second Ethernet port of Main Deco should work, too.

Because it is powerline adapter, you should have some flexibility in moving it at your premises.

Options