It looks like Deco is not properly connected.

2024-03-22 00:23:52
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Deco xe75 pro won't connect on 30 foot ethernet cable, cable continuously Passes on the cable tester, no problem connecting on shorter ethernet cables, ( I have tried several and no problems. I have a Starlink gen 2 satellite and also bought the ethernet adapter to expand whole house. I want to keep the Starlink router also. Why is Deco not connecting on the longer cable??? Keeps saying ( It looks like Deco is not properly connected. Not happy with this product so far,  might have been better off buying an other Starlink wireless router.  Open to suggestions, I see where others are getting the same message I am getting.

Options
4 Reply
Re:It looks like Deco is not properly connected.
2024-03-22 02:20:01

@DerekT 

Hi, Are you able to test the Ethernet Link speed on the computer when it is connected via this 30 foot cable?

How to check the associated/link speed on a wired client

I wonder whether the poor connection might be that the longer cable caused the link speed to drop to 100m/s.

Do you try other Ethernet ports on Deco XE75 Pro?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-03-22 03:15:13

@David-TP  Hi David. I followed and followed the screen directions on my iphone when setting up the decos, I think initially I had a bad connector on the long cable, found that after I got a tester,  but then still had trouble over and over and over, removed cable from the floor joists where the electrical wires run through them, ( just to see if any interferance from the electric stuff, cable is Cat5E). Still not luck. I spend all day and a lot of yesterday on this. I can only conclude that the Deco doesn't like the long cable connected into the bottom port ( 2 gig) cause when I tried it in the other 2 pots it finally connected. If I know now what these Decos are and how they connect, I would not have bought them. I was assuming that they were connect wirelessly like my TP-Link range extender does, but would be all on 1 network.  Very disappointed in them. 

Options
2024-03-22 13:23:28

@DerekT 

Cat5E is not going to be enough to support 2.5 gigabit speeds. To get 2.5 gigabit speed, you need a Cat6 cable.

That would explain why you can use this cable with gigabit Ethernet port, but not with 2.5 gigabit port.

Options
2024-03-22 13:27:35 - last edited 2024-03-22 13:55:51

DerekT wrote

If I know now what these Decos are and how they connect, I would not have bought them. I was assuming that they were connect wirelessly like my TP-Link range extender does, but would be all on 1 network. 

@DerekT 

Satellite Deco should connect wirelessly if you do not hardwire them and they are in WiFi range from Main Deco.

All Deco nodes will obviously be on the same network if you setup them properly, because this is the core benefit of WiFi mesh: one SSID, multiple WiFi nodes with seamless roaming between them.

Options