wifi not showing after setting up as ap

2024-06-09 20:14:04
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Hey all nice to meet you, I'm new to the forum.

Recently i have been struggling with the following: I have been setting up a network consisting of multiple tp link routers installed as access points.

At least 2 are the AX75 model (v2). Ive updated the firmware to the current available version for my region (the Netherlands).

The router from which the network originates is of a different brand and the standard router provided by our internet provider, an experia box.

We have a plethora of different users and the wired connection works normally all across the building.

to prevent dhcp issues I've been pushing the different users to transfer to Access Points and a few bought brand new shiny tp-link routers.

archer ax73 (v2) with up to date firmware - Archer AX73(US)_V2_1.1.0 Build 20240323

When installing these tp link routers as acess points the following happens:

Connecting the routers with a wire shows them working as the ap they are intended to be after installation and the default gateway is that of our providers router.

The wi-fi they share is of the router itself (TP-link code/whatever) <-> (even after resetting multiple times).

Not of the router which they should be an ap for. (this counts for both archer AX73 routers).

This wi-fi connection is connectable but not providing internet nor giving access to the router itself.

So I'm at a loss and really would like the wireless connections to work. Im hoping for any of you to have any insight. 

thanks in advance,

Kim

Options
1 Reply
Re:wifi not showing after setting up as ap
2024-06-12 02:43:09

@Girolin 

Hi,thanks for posting question here.

May I confirm that your TP-Link router model is Archer AXE75 or Archer AX75(except 2 Archer AX73 you mentioned)?

We need to know your exact network topology for further analysis.

If possible, you may use new AX73 to replace AXE75/AX75 as access point mode to check the internet access.

This configuration guide is for your reference.

Options