Problem after last firmware update

2024-07-20 11:08:16
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, this morning since I was adding a deco x50 to my deco xe75 network I received a firmware update for all the deco (I keep them always updated).

After that then deco app became weird, now showing all the deco but saying that everything is fine, sometimes a deco appears but even if it's connected by ethernet it shows a low signal..m tha app is also popping a message: "can't update the informations now, tryvlayer"

I have 2 networks, on the other I didn't update the decos so everything is fine.

It seems a problem between the app and the latest firmware... Do you have an idea?

Thanks a lot 

Feancesco

Options
5 Reply
Re:Problem after last firmware update
2024-07-20 14:41:31

@Francesco82 Me too!

Since last update I can't connect anything through ethernet. I thought it was a failed switch or a bad cable but have swapped out literally everything with brand new kit and still have the same problem.

Are your decos connecting by ethernet at all, or are they forced onto WiFi?

Options
2024-07-21 06:02:03

@Lurcherjohn Hi, which models and which firmware? 1.5.1 has known issues 

Options
2024-07-21 07:49:09

@JanRekenaar Many thanks for the reply.

My Deco M5s are running 1.7.6 build 20240305.

My Deco M9.+s are running 1.6.3 Build 20231225.

I'm also using brand new Netgear GS308 switches and Cat 7 and Cat 8 ethernet cables.

I have tried resetting everything a number of times, including factory resetting all the decos and creating a new network from scratch, but about halfway through, when adding one of the ethernet connected satellite decos it is as if the system trips and all ethernet connected decos fail over onto WiFi. This wouldn't be a problem if all the network ethernet connected devices (printers, NAS, and TV) didn't also drop off.

All ideas very much appreciated.

(For clarity, Deco are in router mode, IPTV is switched off)

Options
2024-07-22 04:01:21

@Francesco82 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

It is suggested to install the beta firmware here on Deco X50 to see whether it helped with the current issue:

Optimize The Overall App Experience/Network stability on Deco X50/X55_V1

How to update the firmware only on the satellite Deco X50 via web UI:

1. On the Deco APP, you can find the IP address of satellite Deco X50 under the device settings, such as:

2. Open a browser and input this IP address on the address bar.

3. The login password here is the same as the Deco APP log in password.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-07-22 19:42:22

@David-TP 

Thank you very much for your support!

Do you think that the upgrade of just the outdoor decos can affect the whole network of my house? Because I have the same problem with the XE75 and the X50 outdoor of the same network.

I realized that if I put the main deco in router mode I then can see the ethernet connections but that is not good because I have several services that need to have my main ISP provider router.

I tried to upgrade manually the beta firmware but I get 2 responses:

1) upload succeeded

2) failed to upgrade, please select the latest version of the firmware to upgrade.

So at the moment I can't do anything... 

Any suggestion?

Thank you very much!

Francesco 

Options