Mesh setup for 2 router connected via lan to 3rd router (isp)

2024-07-28 04:45:35 - last edited 2024-07-28 04:49:01
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi Geeks, 

Before i start, i am no expert in networking. I just bought few routers connected them and using them as independent routers. 

Current setup:

Router1: Archer AX1500 - ISP - doesn't support onemesh/easymesh (not sure of exact term)

Router2: Archer C6 v2 - connected to ISP router (LAN port to WAN port) - office room

Router3: Archer C6 v4 - connected to ISP router (LAN port to WAN port)- bedroom

Note: both archer C6 are connected to ISP via ethernet cable for maximum speed. 

My problem:

Since router1 doesnt support onemesh/easymesh whereas other 2 routers support it. 

I wanted to know if I can connect router2 and router3 in one mesh knowing they are not connected directly to each other as onnecting them using ethernet cable is also not possible.

Also, what should be the operation on router2 and router3 - wireless router or access point mode

Since i dont have not much technical knowledge it would be great if answers/suggestion a bit layman. 😅😅

Options
1 Reply
Re:Mesh setup for 2 router connected via lan to 3rd router (isp)
2024-07-31 03:01:34

@Sugu123 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

Archer C6 V2 does not support Easymesh,Archer C6 V4 and Archer AX1500 support Easymesh, you may check the compatible list.

But none of them support Easymesh under access point mode.

For example, basic topology is ISP router--Archer AX1500, you may try to set up Easymesh Ethernet backhaul between C6 V4 and AX1500 following this guide, then reconnect C6 V4 to ISP router, which may meet your needs. But we are sure whether there are compatible issue from your ISP router, and you may test. 

Options