Deco E4 wps ,wpa showing when disabled

2024-08-03 07:12:37
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20240102 Rel. 62454

I have my Deco mesh units 1 main and 2 slave  units (E4R,E4S) setup as WPA2 only but when I run a security scan they show as WPA with wps enabled. The security is very poor and is cracked within 20 seconds. 

What can I do about it? There are no settings to completely disable WPS. Why is wpa showing when the settings are set to WPA2?

I have tried to upgrade to the newest firmware on the  units and it's made no difference. 

How can TP- Link sell a device so security flawed?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco E4 wps ,wpa showing when disabled
2024-08-05 03:37:45

@DecoMatt 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Can I have a screenshot of the "Security Scan" on the Deco APP?

Since there is no hardware switch for the WPS, the software WPS feature is enabled by default but it is not activated unless users press the software button on the Deco APP.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-08-05 23:33:07

@David-TP 

I'm using wifite(aircrack-ng) to check the security of my Deco mesh wifi network. As you can see the wps is showing active when I have not activated it. It was also crack in 4 seconds as the program uses pixiewps and allocates 5 minutes to crack the wps pin. Which you can see at the bottom of the image.

If wps is not on unless activated in the Deco app how can the program see it? How can the program crack it?

Options
2024-08-06 02:03:17

@DecoMatt 

Hi, Thank you very much for the update.

I'd like to escalate your case to the senior engineer directly for further assistance.

Please check whether you could receive my email.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 141

Replies: 3

Related Articles