Noob Question! - Pass only Guest Network through cable on a Deco M9 Unit

3 weeks ago
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.3 Build 20231225 Rel60770

Hello everyone!
I have a mesh Network formed by 5 Decos M9 Plus, the main one connects to the router, and connects to two others, that conect to another one each.
One of the Decos (last one of the chain) is on a basement, where I play with some friends. To keep them out of the main network, I would like to know if it is possible to limit the ethernet port to pass IP's only the guest network in that Deco, instead of the main network, because one of my friends connects his XBOX through cable and I want it connected to the Guest network. Before asking him to connect only by Wifi, I'm just making sure if there is any way to workaround this.
Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Noob Question! - Pass only Guest Network through cable on a Deco M9 Unit
3 weeks ago

@Migs20 

Hi,

The guest network if for devices connect via WIFI.

Wired devices would connect to the main network.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options