Delayed Notification KC200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Delayed Notification KC200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
38 Reply
Re:Delayed Notification KC200
2020-09-22 08:49:56

@VABL 

hi,Did the delay notification still exist?

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-09-22 14:49:59

@Brook Sorry about the delay in getting back, I have been away. I have changed my phone and now have an Umidigi A7 Pro running stock Android 10 with all the latest updates and the problem is still there. If I uninstall Kasa, switch off the phone and then switch on and re-install Kasa it will work as expected or with delays two or three times or sometimes not at all. After that it does not work although the video clips are saved to the server and can be viewed but no notifications. I invested in the new phone as an attempt to cure this but it has not worked.

Options
2020-10-19 19:47:38

@Brook I have had the exact same issue with delayed notifications, with no fix.  It only happens on Android.  I have used several Android phones to test this.  Samsung Note 10+, S10+, Galaxy S7.  The notifications work fine with the iPhone.

I will note that I have turned off sleeping apps, battery optimization, and everything else that has been suggested by Google search.  Nothing has fixed the problem.  There are many users out there that are just not speaking up because they are fine dealing with an inferior product.  Why haven't we gotten this issue fixed yet?

Can someone please fix the app!  Can you please contact me!

Options
2020-10-20 02:20:44

@KasaUser005 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Really sorry for the delay.

We would like to forward your case to our senior engineers and please help a check of your message box.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-10-20 04:39:27

@Brook Nothing happends in My case, TP suggested me to an email conversation, but Still No solution on the delay problem. Glad to hear that this problem is isolated to android, progress👍.

The Swedish support still think that My phone is the problem.

Options
2020-10-20 09:43:04

@Andy.Wilson Have had several communications on this without a solution. I know the camera is saving video clips to the cloud but I receive at best a delayed notification but most times no notification. I was promised that someone would check that the notifications had been sent but I still await this followup.

Options
2020-10-22 02:29:13

@Andy.Wilson 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

We had several feedbacks about this issue recently and our senior engineers are working on it.

Once I got any updated news, I would come back here at once.

And if anyone who had the same issue, please feel free to post here with the model number of your Kasa cameras, and the model number and operating system of your smartphone;

Thanks a lot for your understanding and support.heartheartheart

Options
2020-10-22 10:05:38

@Brook Thanks Brook, I look forward to a resolution of this problem, both for myself and all others with the same problem.

Options
2020-11-09 10:00:06

@Brook 

Hi Brook,

Any progress with this yet?

Andy Wilson

Options
2020-11-18 07:02:13

@Andy.Wilson 

Sorry for the delay.

I am afraid there is still no final solution yet.

But the engineers already started testing on the cameras with various smartphones, especially with Samsung phones since most of the feedback are related to this brand.

And if anyone had the same issue, please feel free to update there.

Thank you very much.

Options