KC110 & Kasa Free Storage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-09 15:47:14
Model: KC110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I am looking to buy a KC110 as a Christmas present. I see it has a 12 hour offline storage (which is fine) and understand that if I wanted more I would need to buy a "care plan"

However i have just read somewhere:

"All the Kasa cameras will apply a 2-year limitation for the free plan. At the end of the free plan, you need to subscribe to one of the paid plans to continue to use the cloud storage."

Is this the case?  as its a bit unfair that this camera only has cloud storage, whereas other cameras have SD card slots.

Thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:KC110 & Kasa Free Storage
2019-12-10 09:56:16

@Av_Me 

The NC450 supports SD card, while it is totally different from the KC110. The clips of KC110 is restored on the cloud, while the videos for the NC450 are still saved locally, but we can use the cloud feature to access it remotely. 

For KASA care, you can read https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1962/ 

Besides, you can read https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2121/ for more information. 

May it help. 

Options
2020-01-14 22:41:53

@Av_Me is there an rtsp/onvif stream? If not, is there an automated way/API to grab all the cloud clips for download?

I've just bought two cameras, and it seems I only get 12 hours' recording on each and after two years I have to pay at least $4 *per camera* per month to continue using them.

If there's no way to access them direct I think I might have to return them to Amazon with a review warning not to buy them.

Options
2020-06-07 21:26:47
No reply on this in 5 months. Kinda disappointing, I guess we're hosed.
Options
2020-06-08 05:54:49

@warlockuk 

Hello, sorry for the late answer.

The Kasa cameras do not have the RTSP/ONVIF stream that we can provide, neither can we open the API to end-users in order to make sure of the stable performance of our cloud and good experience of users. We wish you could understand this.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1947

Replies: 4