Can You Install A Smart Switch Without WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-22 17:35:58

We're taking posession of a condo early next month, but we're not actually moving in until a few weeks later.

I'd like to finish all the various assembly and setup tasks in advance, and that includes wiring the smart switches. But if I install them before the WiFi network is present, are the switches going to be blinking away in setup mode for weeks? And if they go dormant, will I run into any problems setting them up on moving day? I've only dealt with smart plugs up until now, so I'd appreciate any insights. Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can You Install A Smart Switch Without WiFi
2019-12-25 09:42:50

@Big_John_Irons 

Hello, we can control the smart plug locally with cellphone connected to its own wifi. While with host wifi existed, we won't be able to finish the setup procedure. 

So you can connect your cellphone to the smart plug's wifi to control it locally first until the moving day. 

May it help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1424

Replies: 1