HS100 will not work remotely or with Alexa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-26 01:05:49 - last edited 2020-01-27 16:50:07
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.5

I have two HS100's and both work intermittently within the past month.

I have noticed that when trying to control remotely, they grey out on either iOS or Android. If I connect to the local network, the plug displays "Local Only". According to TP-Link this message indicates that remote access is not enabled on the plug but when I look into the settings there is no sign of remote access. Looking at the multitude of other complaints on this forum regarding remote access, it appears that it is now on by default

TP-Link doesn't give much assistance with their devices but I found a website which says that the plugs use Ports:

• 80 TCP - Returns no information
  • 9999 TCP - Appears to be of significance
  • 1040 UDP - For Diagnostic purposes

So I reserved their IP's and port forwarded the three ports above to one of my switches as a test. It made no difference.

I inspected my stateful firewall all the way up to content filtering and it is allows, but I know that somebody will blame my firewall/router, so I got a D-Link Router with no firewall etc. and used that with the same issue.

I soft reset the devices - no change

I factory reset the devices - no change

Obviously, when connected to WiFi, these work perfectly fine, it is only when trying to access them remotely.

I run Belkin WeMo and Brilliant Smart switches on the same network with absolutely no issue whatsoever.

Does anybody have any other suggestion before I just write these off as a poor quality product?

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:HS100 will not work remotely or with Alexa
2020-02-13 04:35:31

@WT9BIND 

Hello, the remote control never worked or was working before? 

Please check the version of your Kasa App and update it if there is any newer version.

Hope it helps!

Options
2020-02-13 07:10:46

@Marcia.Zhang Was working before. It only stopped working recently.

App version in my opinion is irrelevant. It doesn't matter if it is IFTTT, Alexa or the app direct, these switches do not work properly.

App version anyway is 2.19.0 Build 911 with no updates availalbe at this time.

Options
2020-02-15 08:24:47

WT9BIND wrote

@Marcia.Zhang Was working before. It only stopped working recently.

App version in my opinion is irrelevant. It doesn't matter if it is IFTTT, Alexa or the app direct, these switches do not work properly.

App version anyway is 2.19.0 Build 911 with no updates availalbe at this time.

@WT9BIND 

This issue is strange. Our engineers will contact you by email for further analysis to solve your problem. Please pay attention to the email.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 800

Replies: 3