Kasa Spot Not Working In Google Home App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-26 22:19:47
Model: KC100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.31

I recently bought a kasa spot camera to replace my old eviz cameras. This is so I could use my Google hub display to view my cameras. I bought them as the Google app specifically advise kasa brand camera. To my annoyance the smart display will display the image as I expect however the home app on my pixel 3 phone will not. It sees that it is there but advices me that I need a different cmarea and one that is recommend and once again shows me the kasa option in recommend products.

Is this normal or is there something than I can do?

Thanks in advance 👍

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa Spot Not Working In Google Home App
2020-05-05 13:56:25

@MrMark this is normal. very bad and very poor but very normal :-( kasa cams are only visible on chromecasts and 'hub' screens and even then you only get a few minutes before they stop the stream. the only solution for home *app* live stream is to return the kasa cam to the store and trade up to a nest cam :-(

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1160

Replies: 1

Related Articles