Tapo C200 not working properly - need MANUAL Restart after some hours network (Wifi) down..!!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo C200 not working properly - need MANUAL Restart after some hours network (Wifi) down..!!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-10 16:29:20
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest Firmware

Is there any other way to re-connect Tapo C200 to the apps, without doing any manual restart after the network (wifi) is back online ?

The led indicator is at green, but in the apps they appear as offline, and require manual restart.

In my case, I installed all 8 Tapo camera in the ceiling around the house, all of them at 4 meter height. The worse part, They are installed under the ups which is stored at the ceiling. So I have to move a big ladder, climb, un-plug the cord, plug it back, climb down, and move to the other camera, again and again..

You should release some update as soon as possible to prevent this from happening. Security camera should be built to take care of us in any condition, Not the other way arround..

By the way, I also installed 3 other brands for other perimeter arround the house, they just back online after my wifi back online, without require any manual reseting or anything..

Hope to hear the good news from you soon...

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 not working properly - need MANUAL Restart after some hours network (Wifi) down..!!!
2020-06-11 02:42:35

@TaufanSuha 

Sorry for the trouble caused by the camera. Please kindly help verify the below information and we will try to investigate this offline issue ASAP:

1. What is your network topology and what is the brand & model number of your host router? Do you mean the router will sometimes restart or you turn it off then on?

2. What is the brand of the other cameras or smart devices that will connect automatically when the router restarts?

3. When the router is back on, how about the Tapo cameras status, are their LEDs solid green or flashing green? If they are all solid green, which means they can connect to the router automatically when the router is back.

But if you still cannot view them on the Tapo app even when the LEDs are solid green, please confirm you are viewing them in the local network or from an outside one or via 4G cellular data. Local means your phone is connected to the same wireless as the cameras connected to, you may disable the 4G cellular on the phone and confirm.

Options
Re:Tapo C200 not working properly - need MANUAL Restart after some hours network (Wifi) down..!!!
2020-11-20 15:16:29

@Solla-topee  Got the same issue. Everything was running smooth. Camera was working properly.

I had to put my wifi off for 15 minutes. When I switched my wifi ON again, every other device got connected to it automatically like all the phones, my Google home, android TV, etc. except Tapo C200. It is blinking green and showing offline on the app. I switched it OFF and ON again from the electric board but it's still same. It should have connected to my Wifi automatically. Tell your developers to enhance the network algorithm.

Options
2020-12-15 18:48:22

@Mayank.d1 same for me with the P100 smart Plug. I have 6 of them. 4 times in the last 2 days I've needed to reboot the router and everytime I have to reconnect them all manually. Would also be great to be able to copy the schedule between devices. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2436

Replies: 3

Related Articles