Planning to buy Tapo C200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-10 19:24:01
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V11
Firmware Version: unknown

Hello, Im just a new member here.. I just want to research more about the Tapo C200 because I'm planning to buy it. 

here's my some questions that hoping it will be answered soon.

* Is this product ( Tapo C200 ) Required a Data Connection on Wifi to record a local video via Sd Card?

* Is this still running without connecting it on Wifi ? even some features?

That's it I appreciate your kindness for answering my questions. ( sorry for my english hoping you understand ) thanks..

Options
3 Reply
Re:Planning to buy Tapo C200
2020-06-11 02:14:52

@Mr_Joe 

Hello, thanks for your interest.

* Is this product ( Tapo C200 ) Required a Data Connection on Wifi to record a local video via Sd Card?

A: Yes, you can still use the camera or watch the live view without an internet connection, but please ensure both your phone and the camera are connected to the same wireless network. However, Notification or any other service associated with the TP-Link Cloud will not work if there is no internet access.

* Is this still running without connecting it on Wifi? even some features?

A: Yes, it will still recording locally and saving the recordings in the SD card referring to the recording schedules you've set up on the Tapo app, even without connecting to the Wi-Fi network, but you will no longer have access to view it on your phone if it is disconnected from any Wi-Fi.

Options
2021-12-29 15:52:28

@Mr_Joe  but it is not recording in SD card when wifi is off(disconnected). It only recording when wifi is available

Options
2021-12-30 09:59:42

Hello @Ganesh.m 

If Tapo camera is still connected to Wi-Fi (camera still gets an IP from router) it should record into SD even without Internet  (first installation requires Tapo APP and internet)

If camera completely disconnected from Wi-Fi (camera does not get an IP anymore) camera can't record anymore. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1881

Replies: 3

Related Articles