how to continuous record video in Tapo C100 in memory card ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-05 16:43:19 - last edited 2022-03-31 07:37:42
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

how to continuous record video in Tapo C100 in memory card without any internet wifi?

Please help me with the settings.

Like when i need to go out i will switch off the internet and would like to record video  continously in the memory card.

Options
6 Reply
Re:how to continuous record video in Tapo C100 in memory card ?
2020-10-09 02:06:45

@planetkapex 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Please try to enable the 24 hours recording and it would continue to record even though the internet was cut off.

But it would affect the motion detection and during this period, there would be no notifications anymore.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-12-11 22:49:02

@Brook My apologies for barging in. May I add another question. You've said the 'motion detection' will be afffected if the wifi connection is cut-out, but will it continue to record even without the 'motion detection' capability? I'll be staying in a hotel for over a month this coming weeks and I'm planning to purchase either C100 or C200. You know hotel rooms' power go out if you go out of the room too. And about the 24 hour recording? Is it only for 24 hours or is it based on the micro-SD card you place? Product specs say it would record 384 hours right?

Options
2020-12-15 03:01:29

@Jeff5154 

Good day,

The 24 hours continuous video recording is not related to the internet service but the camera needs to be powered on all the time.

Take Tapo C200 for example, if the SD card is 128 GB,  it could record almost 384 hours (16 days) of footage. (Based on laboratory conditions).

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-04-27 21:47:49

@TP-Link "labratory conditions" are not REAL LIFE END USER CONDITIONS. You spoke to lawyers before manufacturing this product in large volumes? I was expecting to see ALL images in playback menu, only to see gaps of 5 minutes or more frequently  Not much use as a security camera if it takes 4 minutes for thief to steal camera in a "TP-link lab mode" recording lapse. Are TP-link researching time travel too?

Options
2021-04-29 03:40:16 - last edited 2022-03-31 07:37:42

@hairy Hello, 

I think @TP-Link on  #4 is talking about  the recording hours of a 128 GB SD card based on tp-link Lab test. 

If you want to see all the image & video in Playback menu, please enable Continuous Recording (not Motion Detection) and recording schedule area is all BLUE. 

For motion detection notification, you could check from Message center ( envelope icon on the right top)  but you need to manually drag the timeline to the motion triggered time. 

Options
2022-02-14 00:20:06

@planetkapex 

I have 3 cameras that are recorgind. I have selected loop recording but they still dont overwrite old recordings. They just stop recording when full. Do you have a solution? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 10331

Replies: 6