Kasa HS210 3 Way switch with LED bulbs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-19 22:54:25 - last edited 2020-10-19 22:56:58
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.8

I have an odd issue. I installed the HS210 with a manual switch at the other end. Everything works perfectly except for one thing. The switch is controlling a chandelier with 10 LED bulbs in it. When I switch to the off position the chandelier turns off, almost. The bulbs still stay on but just barely. Now for the interesting part. when I replace one of the bulbs with a standard incandescent bulb the chandelier turns completely off. I'm not an electrical engineer, but it seems like the LED bulbs don't draw enough for the switch to operate properly. So my question, is there another way to wire the switch so that it works properly without having to use an incandescent bulb? 

Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Kasa HS210 3 Way switch with LED bulbs
2020-10-20 10:58:40

@dkuntz 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

Actually, I was quite surprised about your case and would like to forward your case to our senior engineers for further assistance.

Could you please help me check the model number, power consumption of your LED bulbs inside the chandelier?

Thanks a lot.

Options
Re:Kasa HS210 3 Way switch with LED bulbs
2020-10-20 11:21:47

@Brook I'd be happy to. Tell me what I need to do. Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 626

Replies: 2

Related Articles